Manager, Network Security Operations
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Network Security Operations
We are seeking a highly qualified, experienced candidate to lead a network security operations team as part of Cyber's Security Operations team.
This individual would manage, develop, and operate network security technologies and platforms that are critical to protecting Capital One's lines of business and customers.
We are seeking experienced professionals with hands-on and leadership experience with enterprise-level security technologies and applications in the areas such as:
- Intrusion Prevention/Detection Systems (IDS/IPS)
- Web Application Firewall (WAF)
- Netflow and Network Forensics tools
- Wireless Intrusion Prevention Systems (WIPS)
- Networking and Network Architecture, Security Group management (cloud)
- Support of cybersecurity incident response
- Information security standards and controls frameworks
In addition to demonstrating subject matter expertise in network and security infrastructure operations, this individual will ensure that our security infrastructure and tools are strategically and operationally aligned to support the enforcement of information security policy and standard in both on-premise and cloud environments.
This individual will also:
- Provide security subject matter expertise and compliance verification for networking and cybersecurity for both on premise and in the cloud model
- Lead the development and maintenance of network security and domain compliance standards
- Manage technology to drive compliance to corporate security standards
- Develop and maintain processes, procedures, and operational documentation to ensure that relevant security capabilities are well managed and operationally effective
- Provide security consultation to internal teams engaged in network projects as well as reviewing designs and offer secure alternatives.
- Demonstrate an ability to collaborate and partner with various stakeholders to achieve goals.
- Ability to work with diverse contacts throughout the world to achieve results.
- Subject matter expert in network and security incident response.
- Develop and communicate recommendations to upper management and peers.
- Strong communication and documentation skills with the ability to manage responsibilities across multiple areas
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- Security+ certification or SANS certification or SSCP certification or CISSP certification or CSSLP certification or CISA certification or CISM certification or CEH certification.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Information Security
- 10-year experience in information security and/or networking, architecture
- 3+ years' experience in Technical Leadership
5+ years' experience in Cybersecurity
5+ years' experience in Network Security
2+ years' experience scripting
2+ years' experience supporting a Cloud environment
1+ years' experience using Agile Scrum methodologies
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top