Manager, Mobile Product Manager
201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Mobile Product Manager
If you have the drive for building amazing digital products that impact the lives of millions daily, we want you!
As part of the mobile organization within Capital One, you'll be responsible for driving radical change while managing our flagship mobile apps. To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that make life easier for our customers. You'll also need to be equally comfortable talking to techies, analysts, and our business lines.
Note: Please do not apply if thinking about your money gives you hives, you've never paid a bill using your phone, or if you have an aversion to wearing t-shirts and jeans in the workplace.
In this role you will:
- Ship. Iterate. Repeat.
- Lead rock-star teams of engineers and designers to enhance our mobile products in an agile environment.
- Define end-to-end customer experiences, write user stories, drive requirements, and manage roadmaps and backlogs.
- Test and learn through customer research, production tests, and performance analysis to evolve our products, define rollout strategies and scale features.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and business lines to translate business strategies into products; partner with Delivery, Operations, and Enterprise (e.g. Legal, Compliance) teams, as well as third party vendors to ship features that delight our customers.
- Communicate and evangelize for the team to your peers, stakeholders and executives.
- Work hand-in-hand with Mobile leadership to deliver solutions for Digital goals and make Mobile the primary servicing platform for Capital One.
- A Bachelor's Degree or military experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in digital product management.
- An Android in your pocket. Seriously – we're looking for someone with a strong passion for Android devices and technologies.
- An obsession in customer experience and making good apps great.
- At least 3 years managing consumer-facing mobile products, including apps and mobile web.
- An ability to turn business strategy and analysis into user-friendly digital products.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, MBA or Master's degree.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top