Manager, Learning Strategist - Tech College
Towers Crescent 2 (12067), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Learning Strategist - Tech College
Tech College Overview:
We are creating something unique and unprecedented: a re-imagined learning hub for technology training called Tech College. This is a bold investment in developing our associates and leaders, recruiting top talent, and continuing to differentiate ourselves in the market. Tech College aims to transform our approach to enabling our associates with the technical and leadership skills they need to be successful in current and future roles. We constantly strive to deliver impactful and engaging learning experiences through the most cutting-edge methods to directly enable the success of our people and our business.
About the Role:
As a Learning Strategist for Client Consulting & Strategic Projects, you'll be responsible for the strategy, design, coordination, oversight, and measurement of customized technical training solutions for Tech Lines of Business (LOBs). If you're passionate about both technology and learning, and love the idea of driving learning initiatives that support associate's technical career growth, read on!
As a Learning Strategist, you'll partner directly with Technology business leaders, Tech College Deans, and LOB groups to conduct learning needs analysis and design custom technical training programs within a LOB. You'll use human-centered design practices to conduct learner research, create learner personas, define learning outcomes, and design custom learning solutions. Working in partnership with Tech College teams, you'll create solutions that grow the depth and breadth of technical skills for specific personas. Finally, you'll work with LOB teams to facilitate successful deployment of custom training solutions.
This is a rare opportunity to bring a unique mix of adult learning, human-centered design practices, and client consultation into a role with meaningful impact on Tech associate career development. If this sounds like a compelling opportunity, we would love to meet you!
- Partner with Tech business leaders and Tech College Deans to understand business needs, and design and deliver custom Tech training solutions that align with each Tech LOB's talent strategy.
- Partner with Tech College teams to select learning suppliers, experiences, and resources that support Tech LOB goals and desired outcomes.
- Measure the effectiveness of custom training programs; share results and partner with Tech LOBs to improve learner reach and impact.
- Work with Learning Experience Designer and Engineering SMEs to design, develop and deploy blended learning touch points in digital, video, audio, mobile, experiential and traditional learning formats.
- Partner with multiple Communications teams to ensure all learner communications are appropriately branded and effectively guide learners through their learning experience.
- Oversee strategy and design of peer-to-peer subject matter experts that contribute to the design and/or delivery of the custom learning solution..
- Use design thinking practices to understand, design, and iterate on custom learning programs.
- Manage the ongoing process of training program review, delivery, measurement, reporting, and revision.
- Manage workload of multiple projects and meet deadlines with minimal direction and supervision.
- Travel as needed (up to 10%) to other company locations for meeting and training purposes.
- Work collaboratively with on-site and remote team members.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in technology learning design and development
- At least 3 years of experience in client consulting or performance consulting
- At least 3 years of experience leading projects or working in Agile teams
- Master's Degree in Adult Learning, Master's Degree in Learning & Development, Master's Degree in Instructional Design, Master's Degree in Learning Design, Master's Degree in Educational Technology
- 5 years of experience in technology learning design and development with a specialization in designing and developing learning for technologists
- 5 years of experience in curriculum development or learning program management
- 5 years of experience in corporate learning strategy, design and development
- 3 years of experience working on an Agile team
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top