Manager Learning Experience Designer
161 Bay Street (93021), Canada, Toronto,Toronto, Ontario,
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager Learning Experience Designer
As a Learning Experience Designer you'll need strong knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional systems with experience using a variety of online learning development tools. You'll possess strong project and content management skills and have a proven track record developing multi-purpose learning content in areas such as self-paced and mobile learning.
In this role you'll lead 4 talented Learning Experience Designers who you'll coach and elevate by creating a culture of growth, collaboration and innovation within your team.
What you'll be doing!
- Create instructional materials (e-learning, videos, software tutorials, user guides, job aids, audio and video scripts, storyboards, assessments, etc.) that transform technical information into professionally written, engaging instruction for call centre associates
- Partner with operations and program leaders to align our learning programs with the expected business outcomes
- Optimize the use of learning technologies that help scale
- Embed data collection and feedback mechanisms throughout our learning solutions to generate data-driven, actionable insights into the Associate Learning Experience. Lead efforts to drive continuous performance improvement from those insights
- Communicate progress and opportunities through daily huddles and quarterly business reviews
- Identify learning objectives, performance outcomes, and evaluative strategies to deliver content, including consulting with business owners and subject matter experts to identify learning gaps and content requirement
- Ability to design and develop blended and technology-enabled learning solutions, including web-based, instructor-led, virtual, on-the job, and self-directed learning resources
- Ability to develop technical/software related job aids and user guides that are easy to read and understand, accurate and up to date, and correctly formatted using a style guide.
- Ability to break down complex, technical processes into simple, logical steps
- Knowledge of instructional systems design methodology, rapid design/development methodologies, adult learning theory, research methodology, and assessment tools.
- Able to create formative and summative questions and scenario-based test questions at all levels of Bloom's taxonomy
- Bachelors in Education, Instructional Design, or equivalent
- Proficient in Camtasia, Adobe Illustrator, Snagit, Audacity and Microsoft Office
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Experience in being a learning experience designer for Operations/Customer Service teams
- Certified Performance and Learning Professional (CPLP) or similar industry certification
- Master's Degree in related field
- Experience with Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques
- 3+ years' experience with current learning technologies in a large corporate environment
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop blended learning solutions that produce measurable business results
- Advanced experience in learning technologies for blended and virtual learning
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Proven ability to work in independently in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of working on multiple projects while maintaining close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Effective problem solving and strong interpersonal skills
Portfolio of your work will be requested at some point in the process if applicable
This role is leveled at a Principal Associate role within Capital One
Capital One Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top