Manager- IT SOX
West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager- IT SOX
Are you a forward thinking analytical genius who thrives on being a key contributor in a high energy financial services organization? Do you want to work in a business-casual, collaborative environment where your contributions are recognized, successes are elevated and effort is rewarded?
Our SOX control managers are masters of risk management techniques supporting our key technology solutions that drive operational and accounting and reporting processes. You will work in an environment that embraces emerging technology and will solve cutting edge business problems to ensure a healthy balance between operational efficiency and effective risk management for our partners. You will be surrounded by intellectually curious risk professionals every day, all with the end goal of creating a seamless, well managed client experience. Capital One provides an environment where you can excel in your career while still maintaining a work life balance that others will desire. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company - and a great place to work.
You and Capital One - Better. Together.
- Partner in evaluating business process risks and determine key information security risks and identify key internal controls.
- Perform process and technology risk assessments to determine the optimal control mix for the Sarbanes Oxley Program.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the Company
- Ensure seamless design of our controls around emerging technologies as they are integral in supporting our financial reporting process
- Interpret and communicate/present appropriate control design to senior leadership
- Influence leadership with recommendations for Controls and Process improvements on an ongoing basis
- Assist our wider team in ensuring compliance with control standards while maintaining a well-managed operating environment
- Perform analysis, capture and report control performance metrics and assist in preparing quarterly stakeholder reporting
- Actively seek and leverages knowledge (process, controls and operations)
- Participate in and align to team standards on reporting of current status to goals
- Manage own workload to goal oriented priorities; consistent delivery of timely, error free work
- Establish a reputation for ability to deliver on commitments and support team strategic goals
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess a mix of financial statement audit or accounting experience as well as information security audit and or advisory experience.
Specific experience or foundational knowledge of cloud computing architecture and security or the aptitude to learn and apply those skills is fundamental to success in this role.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of experience in IT Architecture, Security, Audit, Risk Management, or a combination
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting Information Systems, Information Security, Engineering, or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification
- AWS Cloud Practitioner, Architect, or Security certificates
- 5+ years of experience in Auditing and Control Evaluation
- Familiarity with financial reporting risk management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top