Manager, Information Security Consultant--Data Security
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Information Security Consultant--Data Security
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals.
Information Security Consultant--Manager
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Ranked #124 on the Fortune 500, Capital One is one of the nation's top 10 banks and has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
Security is essential to what we do at Capital One, from protecting our customers to our associates. As part of the Information Security Officer team for a line of business, you are passionate about security and risk management. You see security as an enabler and differentiator to enable the business through innovation, not a step in the compliance process. You work with the business to understand their goals and objectives and help them meet those goals and objectives in a secure manner. At Capital One, you will help consult on initiatives, programs, and projects to raise their game in Information Security and Risk Management. You are pragmatic and practical in your understanding of risk and security, but also willing to know when to pull in experts and escalate. You collaborate and innovate with other security groups within Capital One to push the envelope.
- Execute information security advisory services for multi-year data transformation strategy within cloud based environments
- Collaborate with a team of Information Security Consultants to provide subject matter expertise to project teams
- Coordinate and execute proactive Information Security consulting to the business and technology teams covering Infrastructure Security, Disaster Recovery, Data Management, Network Architecture and Design, User Access Management, and Management of Third Parties
- Serve as an expert in Capital One's Information Security offerings, policies, procedures and standards
- Influence customers to leverage security offerings and escalate to management when you have concerns
- Provide ad hoc support on special Information Security hot topics for the business
- Work with leadership to anticipate their objectives and needs to better server them
- Drive innovation activity as an outcome; Partner extensively with the Security Engineering organization to derive both novel and patent activity as outcomes from research and development or from security engagements
- You have a desire to work in a very fast moving, forward leaning, modern computing environment
- You have a deep passion for securing modern computing platforms
- You have a strong desire to continually learn about new technologies
- You are a strong conceptual thinker
- You are able to work well under minimal supervision
- You have team-oriented interpersonal skills and the ability to interface effectively with a broad range of people, roles, and levels of management
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You maintain calmness and clarity of thought under pressure and demonstrate the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in Information Security consulting
- At least 3 years of experience performing role functions such as executing risk assessments, applying security architecture designs, supporting or conducting IT based audits, or delivering security analysis and research via threat modeling.
- Proficiency with current security threats and common attack techniques used by adversaries
- Demonstrable experience in securing cloud environments and services, through maintaining and enhancing cloud security controls and standards
- Experience within the data security domain specific to encryption, data loss prevention, and/or data access
- Experience with big data platform technologies such as Hadoop, Kafka, Splunk and Machine Learning
- Proficiency in data science tools and methods such as Python
- Experience utilizing Agile methodologies within DevOps environments
- Maintain an industry-recognized professional certification, such as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), AWS Certified Solutions Architect or equivalent
Primary Location: McLean, VA
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top