Manager, Endpoint Security
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Endpoint Security
At Capital One, data is at the center of everything we do. When we launched as a startup, we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting-edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and this little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 125 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making. Developing cutting-edge technology takes the culmination and collaboration of bright, talented people, and forward-thinking leadership. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our Shared Values, come together to make us one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For."
We are actively seeking highly creative and intellectually curious Technology Professionals who are passionate about Endpoint security to join our team! This is an opportunity to display knowledge of your craft by having a hand in supporting a large scale endpoint security environment while showcasing your expert level troubleshooting skills. Endpoint security efforts play a major role in protecting both our company and our customers, so ensuring optimal performance of the environment is critical. You will be an integral part in advancing the culture of technical excellence within Capital One, and helping our associates create experiences that will delight millions of customers!
On any given day you will:
- Tenaciously manage our Endpoint Security environment to ensure it is operating at optimal levels through proactive monitoring.
- Drive incident and problem resolution as a Tier 3 escalation resource for a suite of security products leveraging strengths of other associates as needed to identify actions which will lead to resolution of operational issues and problems.
- Consult with other technology support groups as part of problem resolution efforts
Analyze endpoint security policies and configurations; identify/implement needed endpoint policy changes.
- Implement new products, product versions, and features to meet lifecycle management and business requirements.
- Assess security vulnerabilities, identify mitigation plans and successfully implement them.
- Contribute to enterprise strategy development/design standard development efforts
Create and/or maintain standards documentation, design documentation/templates/ architecture diagrams and workflow documents.
- Participate in technology integration efforts with other operations and support teams
Ensure compliance with departmental and enterprise security configuration standards
Engage in relationships with technology vendor support
- Provide direct support of audit and ad hoc consulting engagements
Security Operations, Endpoint Security – Manager
Capital One is seeking a bright, passionate and dedicated individual to join our Security Operations team. This individual will be responsible for complete support of our Endpoint Protection suite of tools and infrastructure supporting the tools. This position will report to the Manager for Endpoint Operations and will work closely with Proxy, Email, Desktop, Network and other operations teams across Capital One. The candidate will be responsible for supporting multiple enterprise systems to protect our Endpoints from malware and other malicious threats.
- Support multiple systems that identify, protect and prevent threats to our Endpoints
- Provide expert troubleshooting analysis for break/fix efforts
- Proactively identify improvements in processes and technology for constant improvement efforts
- Assist Business Units across the enterprise with custom requirements
- Monthly Metrics for all platforms supported to be presented to executive level dashboards and presentations
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in Information Technology or Information Security
- At least 5 years of experience Engineering solutions for corporate endpoint workstations
- At least 5 years of Experience with Endpoint Security technologies
- CISSP Certification
- Master's degree
- CISM Certification
- At least 5 years' experience in technical leadership of IT projects involving endpoint security or 5 years' experience supporting a large enterprise endpoint infrastructure
- Solid network technology skillsets
- Extensive Mac and PC OS Architecture experience
- Extensive experience with Mcafee Endpoint Suite products including ENS
- Deep OS expertise with Mac, Windows, Unix platforms
- Expert coding skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top