Manager, Digital Product Mgmt(USA)
1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Digital Product Mgmt(USA)
At Capital One, we're looking for a few self-driven technologists to work as Product Managers in our Digital Bank product group. To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that make life easier for both our customers and associates. You'll also need to be equally comfortable talking to techies in our sprint teams as you are communicating with our analytically minded banking team. (One day, we'll get them in jeans too.).
Things that might tip us off you're not the right person for this position:
- You think Square is just a geometric shape.
- Raspberry Pi tastes good with an afternoon coffee.
- You have an aversion to denim.
- A mobile wallet is your money running away from you.
- Thinking about your money gives you hives.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- You are passionate and curious about the technology-driven world, and empathetic to solving the needs of our customers and associates alike.
- You consume tons of information about the wider digital world; keeping up to date with the latest in areas such as in mobile computing, social networking, and other things we haven't yet dreamed.
- You're going to be responsible for delivering an experience, so you must have worked in a product group focusing on applications for a few years; in and around cool designers and nerdy engineers - and love it.
- Working with our engineering teams, you need to turn a product vision into simple, intuitive experiences that serve our customer's and associate's needs.
- This position isn't just about delivering the code; though, it's a pretty important part.
- As a Product Manager, you'll join a team that is accountable for a product's rollout, adoption, and performance. This part will require looking at some data, so you'll want to ensure that Excel doesn't scare you off.
- A great communicator; both written and in person. Strong vocabulary in design and technical areas.
- You need to be able to use data to support your point of view, but we're mostly interested in what the right side of your brain has to say about creative, delightful experiences.
- You don't mind getting out and traveling about 20% of the time.
If those things up there sounds like you, and you can check the box on these things down here, let's talk. Send us your information and let's see what you have.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 3-5 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 2-4 years of experience in Agile product management.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top