Manager, Digital Product Manager
201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Digital Product Manager
More than 60 million customers rely on us every day to enable fast, frictionless access to their money and empower them with tools, insights, and support so they have healthy financial futures. That's why we're here-a bold team of digital entrepreneurs, designers, analysts and engineers working to make a difference in people's lives. Maybe you should be here, too.
Keep reading if:
- You're driven to build intuitive experiences that start with the customer
- You embrace Agile and Lean, knowing results speak louder than PowerPoint decks
- You've got a background or passion for marketing, because this particular gig is entirely focused on reinventing CapitalOne.com to be anticipatory, responsive, and remarkably human in ways no one could possibly imagine before you arrived.
What you'll do:
- Identify opportunities to improve and optimize visitor experiences on CapitalOne.com
- Use data and customer research to form hypotheses, then work with partners to design and execute tests that'll prove/disprove those hypotheses
- Be an ambassador for digital test & learn at home and across the company
- Collaborate daily with UX designers, content strategists and business partners to understand the opportunities, design specific content tests to run on the homepage, and then see how those tests affect the business and customer experience
- With partners, define and analyze metrics to measure the success of those tests; ideally even coming up with dashboards everyone can see at any time, thereby improving our speed in seeing and communicating results
- Own your product/features from cradle to grave, including gaining alignment with stakeholders, measuring results, and optimizing for value down the road
What we're looking for:
- Amazing product instincts. You are a creative expert in building and testing great user experiences and have a strong intuition for what people want or need. You have stories you could share about what problem you thought you were solving at first, but through testing and iteration, came to solve a much bigger and better problem that resulted in positive outcomes all-around.
- A love for working in ambiguity-and making sense of it. You can take in a lot of disparate information and find common themes, recommend clear paths forward and iterate along the way. You don't form an opinion and sell it as if it's undeniable truth; this is all about being flexible, agile, dependable, and responsive in the face of many moving parts.
- Confidence, not ego. Whether you're conducting qualitative or quantitative research, you're an expert at extracting insights that might go against what you originally thought they'd be-in other words, you're not someone who's looking for validation, but instead, truth.
- You've shipped outstanding websites/apps from concept to launch; you've got examples you can share right now.
- You own your analysis with expertise in Google Analytics/Adobe Site Catalyst and A/B testing with Adobe Target or Optimizely.
- You've worked with ML programs to personalize experiences on the web.
- You have experience in the financial services industry.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of product management experience
- 2+ years of product management experience in consumer-facing digital products
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- Experience with Machine Learning or algorithm-based decisioning
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top