Manager, Digital Product Management - Voice Self-Service
West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Digital Product Management - Voice Self-Service
How people talk about their lives, money, hopes, and fears depends on the person and their unique financial situation, and where they grew up, and who they're friends with, and the economy, and HOLY COW a whole bunch of other factors ... But digging into these things so we can design natural conversations and experiences with our customers is exactly what we're doing.
And hopefully that's why you're reading-because you've got experience in conversational design or narrative writing and a passion to build amazing consumer products which are customer backed, data and insights driven, and impact the lives of millions daily!
Our Voice Self-Service team is recruiting a forward-thinking Digital Product Manager to develop the experiences and conversations of Capital One's Voice AI self-service application. To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that make life easier for our customers. You'll also need to be equally comfortable talking to engineers in our sprint teams as you are communicating with analysts and data scientists to drive key insights from data.
So here are a few things you can expect to do in this role:
- Lead a cross functional team to translate customer needs and technology directions into new or enhanced self-service features
- Contribute to overall team vision and strategy, lead road mapping, goal setting, story writing, and A/B testing to maximize business and customer outcomes
- Drive product design and objectives with business cases, KPI's, design thinking, customer feedback, market research, marketing strategy and competitive analysis
- Design conversations we'll have with customers. And don't do it sitting alone at your computer; instead, co-write it together with your teammates from product, engineering, and brand. That way, the conversation gets to market faster, more clearly, and with everyone having contributed equally to its success.
- Translate functional use cases into conversational use cases. For example, because we're an Agile team, we may define a functional use case called "Customer can pay bill." You'll go deep to include the nuanced statements customers make when encountering this use case, like "When is my bill due?" or "How much do I owe?". And that context makes the difference between a robotic interaction, and something truly memorable our customers love.
- Ground assumptions in human centered design with a natural empathy for customers
- Have a bias to action and a proven track record of delivering minimum viable products and business models to market at rapid speed
So who are you? Probably someone whose colleagues and friends describe as:
- A master communicator who makes clarity from confusion - A storyteller who embraces natural language over flowery, empty prose
- A person who is humble and invests in the success of peers and managers and with a deep understanding of products, analytics, technology and operations
- A natural leader who sparks conversations, invites stakeholders into his/her design process, can rally the team and work in a highly collaborative environment
- Someone with a knowledge of and passion for emerging technologies (AI, Machine Learning, NLP, API's, Big Data) and how they are used to empower business and technology to deliver great products
- A creative person driven by design, language, and learning
- Someone with a high level of intellectual curiosity and comfort with ambiguity
- You know how to say only what's most important right now, and increasingly reveal more detail as someone goes deeper into the experience
- You know how to design the language of an interaction-and potentially even those without digital interfaces-so it feels like a conversation Data analysis
- You pay attention to qualitative and quantitative data, even baking in certain tests to learn more about the customer. You don't make decisions in a black box.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 3 years of experience in digital product management
- At least 3 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into customer facing digital experiences
- At least 2 years of experience in Agile product management
- At least 3 years of experience in one of the following: narrative design, character development or content design
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top