Manager, Digital Product Management, Onboarding
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Digital Product Management, Onboarding
Capital One's Onboarding Team is looking for an experienced, energetic, and entrepreneurial Product Manager who is passionate about building transformative digital experiences and willing to go above and beyond to help our customers succeed.
As a Product Manager focused on the Onboarding experience, you'll be leading initiatives and partnering with internal teams to create digital-first experiences that lay the foundation for the way customers interact with Capital One and help them achieve their goals. You'll team with world-class Designers and Engineers, driving new product ideas from concept to launch and having direct impact to the business objectives.
To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that make life easier for people. You have to true everything back to the customer ensuring you're solving a need for them first, then that you're delivering business value through a technically sound product. You'll be on point for:
- Leading consumer research and synthesizing it into new product ideas
- Assessing the business opportunity for new product concepts
- Defining, building towards, and launching MVPs
- Establishing product testing plans
- Defining product KPIs and success metrics
- Setting a vision for each new product
- Determining whether an MVP moves on to an enterprise scale rollout
If you have the drive for building amazing customer experiences which are customer backed, data and insights driven, and could impact the lives of millions of people, we want you.
Things that might tip us off you're not the right person for this position:
- You think Square is just a geometric shape
- Raspberry Pi looks misspelled
- You have an aversion to denim
- A mobile wallet is your money running away from you
- Thinking about your money gives you hives
What we are looking for:
- Blend of strategic and tactical thinking, creative and analytic reasoning, knowledge of human-centered design, a love of data, and an interest in the industry
- Entrepreneurial ability to identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts
- Passion for identifying and solving real consumer and business problems
- Creative, outside-the-box thinking and problem solving approach
- A bias to action and a proven track record of delivering minimum viable products and business models to market at rapid speed
- Knowledge of emerging and leading technologies across disciplines and ability to empower developers and deliver great products
- Strong analytical mindset and ability to use data and logic to make compelling business cases
- A fantastic storyteller who is at ease presenting to senior executives.
Here is what we will bring to the table:
- Competitive salary and stock purchase program (including a robust 401(k) plan)
- Excellent medical and dental insurance (and other health benefits)
- Industry-leading maternity and paternity leave policies
- A great working environment with a bunch of great people (early Bitcoin pioneers, ex-NASA engineers, and the authors of this job description)
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 3 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer-facing digital products
- At least 1 year of experience leading teams
- At least 1 year of experience with Agile methodologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 3-5 years of experience building and launching consumer applications on web and mobile platforms
- 3-5 years of experience applying design thinking and human-centered principles to product development
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top