Manager, Digital Product Management
1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Digital Product Management
- We believe progress starts with a deep understanding of our customers. This human-centered methodology combined with a best-in-class analytical practice allows us to quickly identify, build, and test our way to success. We spend less time planning, more time doing, and, above all else, challenge ourselves to see the world through the eyes of our customers every step of the way.
- We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration, and delivers world-class products and services that touch tens of millions of customers.
- Do you want to change the way the world interacts with their money? Do you have an opinion on whether shipping > perfection? Have you geeked out on multi-armed bandit experiments or the possibilities of the blockchain lately? Then we want you!
- As a Product Manager focusing on Consumer Bank products, you’ll be joining a passionate team of engineers and designers working to redefine how millions of customers interact with their bank and manage their money.
- Own the success of a given product line within our Consumer Bank Innovation teams as well as setting its strategy and tracking its KPIs.
- Gather and synthesize information from a variety of sources: customer. and empathy research, market and sales data, competitive analysis, etc.
- Contribute to the product portfolio by applying customer-backed insights, lean process and business rigor to new capabilities brought from pilot à production.
- Work with senior leadership to align the company around your product strategy, roadmap and milestones.
- Over-see cross-functional efforts that pull together team members from such departments as sales, service, marketing, and more.
- Interact with other product managers in developing best practices.
Here is what you will bring to the table:
- 3+ years of product design/management experience in software product management roles.
- Proven ability to weave together user benefits, business strategy and technology into product customers love.
- Experience in shipping complex, technical products.
- Strong focus on human centered design/design thinking.
- High comfort with ambiguity and unsolved problems.
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves and get dirty in problem solving.
- Experience at a well oiled agile shop (and/or startup) a plus.
- Passion for or experience in fintech a plus.
Here is what we will bring to the table:
- Competitive salary and equity (including a robust 401(k) plan).
- Excellent medical and dental insurance (and other health benefits).
- Superstar product, design, data and engineering leaders [Paypal, Google, Gilt, Yodle, AOL, Adaptive Path].
- Continuous learning budget [Meet Marty Cagan in person].
- Highly supportive and “bought in” leadership environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer products
- At least 3 years’ experience building and launching consumer applications on web and mobile platforms
- At least 3 years of digital industry experience for consumers
- At least 1 year of Agile product management experience
- 3-5 years experience with web and client-side mobile platforms
- 3-5 years experience as a web Consumer Product Owner in an Agile development process
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or [email protected]
All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Back to top