Manager, Digital Product Management
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Digital Product Management
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches tens of millions of consumers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration and delivers great experiences for our customers.
Our Small Business Card New Product Development wants to meet you if you're excited about thinking of and building new solutions for our Small Business customers. The DPM role will be an active member of our product team where we're building core financial products and the associated experiences to serve the small business segment. The role offers exposure to the full scale product development process – from customer insight gathering to execution feasibility assessment to build to launch to monitoring (and then starting the cycle all over again as we iterate and continually strive to tailor our offering to the customer needs).
The role will be positioned to lead the daily interaction with sprint teams delivering the code to bring our products and experience to our customers. To do that, you'll also be part of the core product team, interacting with analysts, designers and customers in order to define the intent we want to bring to life for our customers.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- You are passionate and curious about the technology-driven world, and empathetic to solving our customer's needs.
- You understand how to use tradeoffs between UX patterns, user group served, short and long term development patterns, timing, and money to deliver the highest value.
- Working with our engineering teams, that vision you clearly articulated will need to turn into a simple, intuitive experiences that serves our customer's banking needs
- This position isn't just about delivering the code; though, it's a pretty important part. As a Product Manager, you'll be the General Manager for your product and be accountable for its adoption, performance, and in some cases P&L. This part will require looking at some data, so you'll want to ensure that Excel doesn't scare you off.
- A great communicator (and can prove it) both written and in person
- Strong vocabulary in design and technical areas
- You're going to be responsible for delivering an experience, so you've ideally worked in a product group focusing on web or mobile applications for a few years; in and around cool designers and nerdy engineers – and love it.
- Your prior experience will be important because you will be responsible for your product throughout the full product lifecycle.
- Working with our banking product teams, you'll need to identify opportunities and uncover untapped needs through customer research and interaction data
- You possess the ability to deliver on those insights by driving product vision and strategy to position our digital products alongside our core financial products
- Your bias is towards learning in market. You know what you want to learn, and you are bold enough to use failures.
- You don't mind getting out and traveling to our internal and external customers 20% of the time
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in digital product management
- At least 3 years of experience leading teams
- Master's degree in Business or Marketing or Computer Science or Engineering
- 2 years of experience in Banking or Financial Services
- 3-5 years of experience managing a roadmap and applying analytical rigor to support business decisions
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top