Manager, Digital Product Management
1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Digital Product Management
In the Consumer Bank, we've combined that human-centered design with our heritage of data-driven decision-making to design, build and test our way to truly enabling financial experiences. We've challenged ourselves to spend less time planning, more time doing, and, above all else, to see the world through the eyes of our customers as they work to understand and manage their money.
There's no better place to understand and solve those human problems than our retail branches – after all that's exactly where technology and face-to-face banking conversations take place. But most bank branches are the same today as they were decades ago. Walk in one, you'll see fussy décor, paper and pens, posters and brochures, and oh… did I mention the queuing ropes that make you feel like you're at the DMV? We want to revolutionize that experience!
We are a team of product managers, engineers, analysts and designers who are passionate about bringing technology, hospitality, and humanity to our branches. Our transformation will be felt through modern physical design, associates who are coaching and guiding first instead of selling, and we will empower associates and customers with digital products that will be a cornerstone for this revolution. If you dig human factors, and want to bring the physical and digital experiences together to totally transform hundreds of branches that serve , take a look at this role!
On any given day in the bank you'll be:
- Empowered. As a product owner, you will own intent to execution on building brand defining in-branch customer experiences
- Learning constantly. Work deeply with technologists and branch associates who are untapped goldmines to build new products that will completely change how our branch associates and customers think about banking.
- Sharing openly. Tell stories that illustrate customer needs and how you plan to solve those needs.
- Connecting creatively. Understand and influence the physical branch changes to bring the physical with the digital together in an amazing new way of banking.
Here is what you will bring to the table:
- Curious & tenacious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea, or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer.
- Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and sometimes you fail.
- Passionate. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible and always checking in with the user of our experience/product to make sure you continuously understand their needs.
- Communicator. You can communicate complex ideas clearly, your team knows their priorities and why they're doing what they're doing. Maybe you're an introvert, or maybe you're an extrovert, but nobody accuses you of keeping them out of the loop.
- Wrangler. You can rope a diverse team together to share your product story, wring out their input and then lead the product build. Rinse and repeat.
Here is what we will bring to the table:
- Competitive salary and equity (including a robust 401(k) plan)
- Excellent medical and dental insurance (and other health benefits)
- Superstar product, design, data and engineering leaders [Paypal, Google, Gilt, Yodle, AOL, Adaptive Path]
- Top class engineering teams that you will lead and build product with
- Continuous learning budget
- Highly supportive and "bought in" leadership environment
- At least 2 years of experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver consumer experiences and core product platforms that power those experiences.
- At least 1 year of digital industry experience for consumers
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience with mobile or tablet platforms
- At least 1 year of experience as a Product Owner in an Agile development process
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top