Manager, Data Science
- McLean, VA
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Manager, Data Science
Machine Learning Scientist - Anomaly Detection
Data is at the center of everything we do. As a startup, we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and this little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
As a Data Scientist at Capital One, you'll be part of a team that's leading the next wave of disruption at a whole new scale, using the latest in computing and machine learning technologies and operating across billions of customer records to unlock the big opportunities that help everyday people save money, time and agony in their financial lives.
Ideas may come from internal projects as well as from academic partnerships with world-class institutions. Anomaly Detection ML Scientists develop and apply cutting edge and novel approaches to build state of the art fraud prevention and defect identification systems. In this role, you will apply your expertise in anomaly detection and machine learning to inform a research group's agenda and drive critical business outcomes. You stay connected to the wider research community as an active contributor.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with a cross-functional team of data scientists, software engineers, and product managers to deliver a product customers love
- Leverage a broad stack of technologies - Python, Conda, AWS, H2O, Spark, and more - to reveal the insights hidden within huge volumes of numeric and textual data
- Build machine learning models through all phases of development, from design through training, evaluation, validation, and implementation
- Flex your interpersonal skills to translate the complexity of your work into tangible business goals
The Ideal Candidate is:
- Innovative. You continually research and evaluate emerging technologies. You stay current on published state-of-the-art methods, technologies, and applications and seek out opportunities to apply them.
- Creative. You thrive on bringing definition to big, undefined problems. You love asking questions and pushing hard to find answers. You're not afraid to share a new idea.
- A leader. You challenge conventional thinking and work with stakeholders to identify and improve the status quo. You're passionate about talent development for your own team and beyond.
- Technical. You're comfortable with open-source languages and are passionate about developing further. You have hands-on experience developing data science solutions using open-source tools and cloud computing platforms.
- Bachelor's Degree plus 6 years of experience in data analytics, or Master's Degree plus 4 years of experience in data analytics, or PhD plus 1 year of experience in data analytics
- At least 2 years' experience in open source programming languages for large scale data analysis
- At least 2 years' experience with machine learning
- At least 2 years' experience with relational databases
- PhD in "STEM" field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) plus 3 years of experience in data analytics
- At least 1 year of experience working with AWS
- At least 4 years' experience in Python, Scala, or R for large scale data analysis
- At least 4 years' experience with machine learning
- At least 4 years' experience with SQL
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top