Manager, Corporate Card and Expense Management
West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Corporate Card and Expense Management
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation's great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
Manager – Corporate Card and Expense Management
As a Manager over the Payment and Travel Solutions (PATS) Expense Management team, you will oversee the people, operations and accounting impacts associated with the corporate card and expense reimbursement processes. The Expense Management manager will be responsible for managing overall program health and ensuring compliance with standards and policies, while providing daily oversight and support associated with employee travel and expense reimbursement. The Expense Management manager will oversee two teams -one responsible for corporate card and expense management, the other one being responsible for overall PATS customer help.
You will streamline and simplify processes, while collaborating with peers across the enterprise to influence results that have a direct impact on the company's bottom line. You will benchmark and assess processes, monitoring performance through both data analysis and customer feedback, all in an effort to optimize the end-to-end expense management process.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Evaluate business-as-usual processes to drive process improvements, mitigate risks, and ensure compliance with the PATS team's control framework
- Ensure that the enterprise adheres to T&E spend guidelines in accordance with all applicable standards and management controls
- Oversee a best-in-class help desk, focused on anticipating PATS customer needs and delivering customer oriented solutions
- Partner with LOBs and finance leads to drive efficiency and cost savings through analytics, reporting, auditing and training
- Identify and implement options for RPA and automation throughout the T&E process to optimize efficiency
- Optimize helpdesk case management through the Salesforce tool
- Utilize Tableau and other reporting tools to track and analyze program health, while creating relevant reporting for actionable decision-making by company leaders
- Provide subject matter expertise on processes/industry standards when representing the department in projects and other meetings
- Lead and develop a high performing team of associates and contractors, across both the US and India
- Drive performance through ongoing goal setting, results measurement, individual and team development and talent identification and deployment
- Identify skill gaps in the team and ensure that these gaps are consistently and objectively addressed through performance improvement plans, coaching and training.
We are seeking a dedicated, disciplined, process professional who excels in a team environment and is an expert in process improvement. You will have demonstrated you can improve company processes in the past, resulting in saving time and resources for the company. You must be able to effectively communicate and influence partners across the company and across multiple levels of the organization. Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to adapt to a dynamic agile environment are essential to succeeding in this role. You will display strong leadership skills and be able to drive and motivate a team in delivering flawless execution of process improvement projects. Additionally, you should have;
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Tableau and data analytics tools
- Consider yourself highly analytical, well-organized and possess strong attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving, communication, project management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with personnel at all levels, exercise discretion on confidential matters and advocate 'leadership at all levels' across the PATS team
- Ability to work well in individual and team environments
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of accounting experience
- At least 3 years or project management experience or at least 3 years of process management experience
- At least 2 years of people management experience
- Masters Degree in Accounting or Masters Degree in Finance
- Lean certification or Six Sigma certification
- 5+ years of experience in Process management
- 5+ years of experience in Project management
- 5+years of experience in People management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top