Manager, Conversational AI Product Management
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Conversational AI Product Management
In March of 2016, the Capital One Digital Messaging team launched the first skill providing financial account access on the Amazon Alexa platform. In March of 2017, the team launched the first natural language SMS chatbot from a U.S. bank. We're looking for a passionate Manager, Digital Product Management focused on customer acquisition and growth across conversational interfaces. This successful candidate has experience getting new products to market, scaling them, and ensuring ongoing customer engagement, including gamification and other engagement triggers. Responsibilities include working with Marketing, Design, and Tech partners to create ongoing acquisition and engagement plans as well as own an ongoing customer engagement roadmap across all conversational interfaces.
- Lead and execute a customer acquisition and engagement roadmap across all intelligent assistants for Capital One.
- Partner with Marketing and Product to establish and lead ongoing acquisition and engagement roadmap
- Lead research on customer engagement features, including gamification
- Partner with Product, Design, and Tech to provide Capital One customers with frictionless access to the financial information they want through the channel they prefer
- Research Benchmark products against Capital One competitors and industry leaders
- Identify and win support for new product opportunities that drive KPIs
- Ensure all products are well-managed in compliance with all company and government regulations
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 3+ years' experience in digital product management
- 1+ years' experience with customer engagement and gamification
- 1+ years in consumer facing, AI_powered virtual assistant / chatbot product management
- 1+ years of experience developing digital products using Agile methodology
- 1+ years of experience developing products with a customer-first, design thinking approach
- a passion for getting his or her hands dirty by using products as an early adopter, testing prototypes and digging into user research
- technical literacy with respect to API integration, NLP, AI and data architecture
- an ability to work in fast-paced environment and be resourceful in achieving success in the face of ambiguity while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in digital product management
- MBA or Master's degree
- Management of digital products reaching a scaled audience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top