Towers Crescent 2 (12067), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Are you interested in joining a team of compensation leaders who enable game-changing business results by providing programs and solutions that unleash greatness in our associates? Here at Capital One we bring a data-driven approach to compensation. If you have a passion for analyzing compensation and want to be part of a winning team, then this is the job for you!
The ideal candidate for the Compensation Manager role should exhibit strong communication, influencing, and problem solving skills towards all stakeholders. The associate filling this role will specifically:
- Partner with Human Resources and business leaders to develop pay programs for our Risk organization.
- Advise and consult on compensation policies and perform ad-hoc pay analyses to ensure best use of compensation spend in an ever-changing Risk industry.
- Deliver expert compensation consulting and develop proposals and presentations about compensation programs (including market data and appropriate pay levels/targets) to influence and educate senior level decision-makers.
- Perform deep analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of existing compensation programs and model potential impact of alternatives.
- Conduct bench-marking and job evaluation using market data and internal evaluation, and regularly analyze our market position on jobs; make recommendations on market adjustments.
- Research and formulate recommendations on external and internal employment offers, job leveling, and internal equity adjustments through the use of salary surveys and internal compensation tools.
- Develop plans, educational materials, and communications designed to provide associates, managers, and HR partners with timely and accurate information regarding compensation initiatives.
- Consult with Human Resource Consultants on a regular basis, providing expert compensation guidance and recommendations.
- Manage job descriptions for your clients, including auditing jobs for content and preparing job descriptions reflecting job responsibilities and requirements, as needed. Ensure all positions are classified appropriately according to FLSA.
- Audit and analyze internal compensation practices in relation to relevant regulations. Develop recommendations for corrective actions as needed. Provide compliance consultation to HR and your business clients.
We work in a business-casual, collaborative environment where one's contributions are recognized, successes are elevated and effort is rewarded. Capital One provides an environment where you can excel in your career while still maintaining a work life balance that others will desire. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company - and a great place to work.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in Compensation.
- At least 3 years of experience in client consulting role.
- At least 3 years of experience with MS Excel / Google Sheets and developing data-based stories in MS Powerpoint / Google Slides.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Statistics, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or Human Resources.
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Statistics, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or Human Resources.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
- 5+ years of experience in Compensation.
- 5+ years of experience in client consulting role.
- Experience with benchmarking tools (ePrism).
- Experience building compensation models and conducting pay analysis.
- Experience in the Financial Services Industry.
- Knowledge of human resources and compensation including knowledge of relevant Federal, State, Local laws/regulations relating to compensation.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top