Manager, Commercial Underwriting
5444 Westheimer (31761), United States of America, Houston, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Commercial Underwriting
Senior Manager, Commercial Underwriter III
- Analyze all aspects of an applicant's business to determine credit worthiness and ability to pay under the terms and conditions set forth in the credit approval to minimize default risk and maximize the bank's profitability. This includes analysis of bank statements, credit card processing statements, tax returns and/or financial statements (balance sheet, income statements, cash flow statements)
- Review and analyze financial statements, tax returns and cash flow statements of Borrowers and Guarantors. Identifies and mitigates risks associated with individual borrower's credit requests including industry risks
- Decisions credit requests and prepares credit packages for approval within prescribed timeframes to meet business partners and customers expectations
- Understand and employ all policies and procedures of the Bank and the Line of Business.
- Prepare the written credit approval memoranda and ancillary forms for routine credit facilities.
- Performs and verifies compliance with loan policy, AML, KYC and all other applicable regulatory requirements
- Determine the proper risk rating for all facilities within an assigned loan portfolio and complete the required paperwork for any rating changes.
- Remain up-to-date on all bank compliance regulatory policies and procedures and on all pending and proposed regulatory changes affecting bank compliance.
- Assist in developing new strategies to improve customer experience and manage risk in processes related to fraud and severity management.
- At least 5 years of commercial underwriting experience or similar experience lending to companies with revenues between $10MM - $250MM
- Some combination of underwriting, project execution, compliance, and leadership experience.
- Understanding of credit products, working knowledge of business lending laws and regulations
- Excellent communications skills, attention to detail and ability to complete repetitive tasks in a face paced environment
- Familiarity with credit scoring systems
- Excellent written communication skills
- A Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 5 years of Commercial underwriting experience or At least 5 years of Business Banking Underwriting experience
- A Master's in Business Administration or a Master's in Accounting
- Formal Credit Training
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top