Manager, Android Engineer
- McLean, VA
Locations: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Android Engineer
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and drive development of superior mobile applications.
We are actively seeking an Android Software Engineering Manager with expertise in detailed technical design and development of mobile applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Successful candidates will have experience performing as a technical lead on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components.
In this role,, you will drive design, implementation, testing, and devops in an Agile environment, using modern methodologies, and open source tools. You'll be empowered to choose the way you work (Mac or PC, iPhone or Android). You will bring solid experience in designing and delivering software applications, and lead teams that are at the forefront of technical innovation.
The person we are looking for will:
- Get a bit excited about what they read about above
- Have a sense of intellectual curiosity and a passion for learning
- Be self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done
- Possess good communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for technology choices
- Lead, manage and grow multiple teams of product-focused software developers
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of engineers on your team
- Catalyze emerging software engineers into future technology leaders
- Continuously improve software engineering practices; leading the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Help identify risks/impediments, escalate issues, bring transparency to deliverables and ensure Agile delivery
- Encourage innovation, customer empathy, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, and outside-of-the-box thinking.
- Prioritize teamwork, self-organization, continuous learning, and professional mentorship.
What the search engines are looking for to help you find this job, as well as the type of environment, technologies, and languages that we work in: Agile, iOS, Android, DevOps, AWS (Amazon Web Services), Docker, microservices, serverless, Swift, Kotlin, Go, Java.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 6 years of professional experience in software development
- At least 4 years of professional experience building native Android applications
- At least 3 years of professional coding experience with Kotlin
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Master's Degree
- 7+ years of experience professional experience in software development
- 5+ years of professional coding experience with Kotlin
- 3+ years of people management experience
- 3+ years of experience with Agile practices
- 2+ years of experience in Cloud Computing
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top