Manager, Accounting - United Income
Wash DC-17th & L (19211), United States of America, Washington, District of Columbia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Accounting - United Income
About United Income:
United Income is a financial technology company, headquartered in Washington, DC, that was recently acquired by Capital One. We combine the latest technology with time-tested wisdom to better understand the interconnectedness of our financial lives, allowing us to lower client's taxes, boost retirement benefits, and improve the quality of investment management.
As of May 2019, we have over $780 million of assets under management, 99 percent client retention, and 88 percent of clients have had their fees reduced (since our technology lowers our operating costs, which we share with our clients). We've attracted over 200 media stories about the company's wealth-building innovations and thought leadership, including a Forbes article that said we have "an all-star team." We are united in our mission to use new technology to increase the financial potential of our customers in ways that have not been possible in the past.
That's where you come in. We want the best and the brightest. Work is more fun when you know that you're surrounded by people who are as dedicated as you are.
Our goals are simple:
Create the best financial planning and money management solution in the world;
Create a culture that is ambitious, fun, smart, and attracts and retains the best talent in each of our major areas of business;
Meaningfully and measurably improve the financial lives of aging households.
Interest piqued? Read on.
- Assist in month-end closing and financial reporting processes timely and accurately
- Prepare and record monthly journal entries and reconciliations
- Prepare/present monthly, quarterly and other ad hoc analytics for line of business, Accounting, and Finance leadership
- Support quarterly Business Review reporting as well as other ad hoc reporting requests
- Interact directly with Finance and key business partners, associates throughout the controller's group, tax, and external and internal auditors
- Serve as liaison between the line of business and centralized AP processing function on all matters related to vendors and AP
- Assist on establishing the processes for off-platform clients billing and prepare monthly/quarterly billings
- Review General Ledger for accuracy of expense allocation by departments and cost centers
- Perform Bank accounts and Credit Cards reconciliation
- Assist in implementation of SOX requirements and perform periodic control testing.
- Support internal audit and compliance testing
- Support automation and data transformation efforts
- Identify and drive process efficiencies
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- at least 6 years of accounting or 6 years of audit experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with Data Analytics and/or Data Visualization
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top