Level 2 Major Incident Manager
Plano 7 (31067), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Level 2 Major Incident Manager
Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry.
We are currently seeking a Principal Associate to work on our Major Incident Management Team to provide call leadership, documentation and communication of incident management activities for incidents impacting IT Infrastructure and Business Applications.
During Triage Calls:
- Leads & Documents incident calls
- Coordinates triage activities
- Documents triage and troubleshooting recommendations
- Ensures bridge says focused on restoration activities
- Keeps Enterprise informed of incident progress
- Tracks work of Support Teams as required to effectively manage an incident
- Summarizes impact and current investigation/fix status on a fixed cadence and keeps the triage activity moving forward
- Coordinates activities of a matrix team of technicians on the triage call to investigate unstable conditions
- During investigation period, makes timely decisions to escalate the issue in predefined support chain of command
- Initiates and maintains viability of collaboration tool sessions during the incident
- Documents critical discussions and actions taken in internal tracking tool
- Sends enterprise-wide communications giving clear updates that can be understood by a wide audience
- Works with support teams, System Monitoring and other technical teams to establish early detection conditions requiring incident management services
- Drives for opportunities to resolve issues at the point of detection
- Identifies improvement in monitoring tools, reporting tools and internal processes.
- Correlates alerts and events with impacts to proactively improve early detection
- Build relationships with stakeholders and customers
- Identify and drive initiatives within Incident Management to improve overall operations
- Mentor Senior Associates within the Incident Management team to provide better overall service to stakeholders
- Remain current on emerging technologies utilized within the environment
- High school, GED or equivalent certification or Military Experience
-At least 3 years of experience supporting Enterprise Level Technology
-At least 2 years of experience with Application Architecture
-At least 3 years of experience in Information Technology
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years of Experience with full stack application architecture including RESTful API, Microservices, and automated deployments
- At least 2 years of experience in Project Management
- At least 5 years supporting Enterprise Level Technology
- At least 10 years of experience in Information Technology
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top