Learning Manager - Retail Training
Knolls 4 (12021), United States of America, Glen Allen, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Learning Manager - Retail Training
This strategic Learning Manager role will have the responsibility of driving the talent learning and development agenda for the Retail organization within Capital One Bank. With visionary leadership, this individual will guide a team of talented Learning Experience Designers and Facilitators to create world-class learning experiences for our Capital One associates. This individual will partner closely with key business leaders to understand intent and recommend appropriate digital-first learning solutions to enable that intent.
- Build close partnerships with Business Executives to understand imperatives, gain insights into critical talent drivers for the organization, and consult on the appropriate talent development agenda.
- Lead and manage a team of learning professionals who consult, design, develop, curate, and deliver learning solutions for front line and home office audiences.
- Accountable for large-scale Learning programs such as new hire onboarding, job-specific skills, cultural transformation, coaching, and more.
- Partner with key business partners to scope learning needs for new initiatives.
- Drive the adoption of innovative digital learning solutions, created in-house and through vendor partnerships.
- Manage a pipeline of up to 50 simultaneous learning projects with multiple deliverables and owners, keeping the team on track to deliver high quality products on schedule.
- Work with other Learning teams across the company, as well as HR partners, to share best practices and gain leverage through content reusability.
- Partner with analysts to measure the impact of learning on business success, as well as to identify performance trends as an input to future learning efforts.
- Recommend appropriate Change Management solutions to drive adoption and support associates.
- Coach and develop direct reports to enable them to bring their best skills and talents to Capital One, and to continue to grow.
- Represent learning in broader project efforts, ensuring an early focus on the implementation needs to ensure effective delivery in alignment with project timeline goals.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant learning trends, industry benchmarks, and leading edge technology advancements.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of experience in client facing consulting
- At least 4 years of experience in learning and development
- At least 4 years of experience in people management
- At least 2 years of experience in project management
- Master's Degree in Business, Instructional Design, Organizational Learning, Human Resource Development, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in client facing consulting
- 5+ years of experience in people management
- 5+ years of experience in learning and development
- 5+ years of experience in a digital organization or in retail support
- Contact center or operations experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top