Lead/Master Software Engineer
Towers Crescent 2 (12067), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Lead/Master Software Engineer
Are you an experienced Middleware and back end Engineer that thrives in a vibrant, innovative and collaborative team? A "master coder" who has passion, and a desire to remain hands-on in a rapid and dynamic environment? As a front-end engineer at Capital One, you'll have an inspiring opportunity to envision, create and shape the next generation of financial offerings for our consumers.
Capital One is actively seeking an experienced Master Software Engineer with expertise in leading the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems. You'll have the opportunity to remain in a hands-on engineering role, writing beautiful code with a team of like-minded engineers.
You will be a key member of the Shared Technology team, focused on highly scalable and available middleware framework technology, tooling and automation. You will be part of the team responsible for creating applications, building leading edge framework technology tooling and automation, continuously enabling a better experience for internal and external users and speeding time to market.
In addition, you will be part of a rapid development environment with a passion for new technology initiatives in front-end and application frameworks.
Are you a self-starter? Do you disrupt, dream and innovate to create and deliver on challenging software engineering opportunities? Do you have a passion for new technologies, APIs, middleware frameworks, scalability with front-end web client programming, scripting, tooling and automation? Are you always thriving to provide simple solutions to complex problems? If so, this is the right place for you.
- Owning project/service delivery
- Writing best quality code
- Perform complex engineering activities for performance tuning and monitoring
- Collaborating with other platforms tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design and delivery
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of system and determine priority of needs
- Supporting QA during testing, and owning implementation to production
- Proactive monitoring of applications and services
- Identifying gaps and taking actions to completion
- Leading other engineers
- Presenting at communities of practices
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 7 years of SDLC experience using Java EE technologies and Spring for middleware and back-end Integration
- At least 4 years of experience in developing RESTful APIs
- At least 2 years of experience working with relational databases (PostgreSQL)
- Knowledgeable in UI and Mobile application development
- 4+ years' experience in Cloud technologies AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- 4+ years' experience in Build and CICD technologies lSVN, GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus or Sonar
- 4+ Years' experience in Quality Assurance technologies ATDD, Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit, SoapUI and Postman
- 4+ years' experience in Unix Shell Scripting
- 4+ years' experience with HP Diagnostics, JMeter, Splunk, BlueStripe, CloudWatch or Zabbix
- 4+ years' experience with Agile methodologies Scrum, SAFe, and Kanban
- 2+ years' experience using scripting languages Ruby, Python or Perl
- 2+ years' experience with Open-Source or public GitHub projects
- 2+ years' experience using Spring or Jersey for deploying on public cloud
- 2+ years' of experience managing other Software Engineers
- Certified in Java, Spring or AWS technologies
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top