Lead Software Engineer - React.js
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Lead Software Engineer - React.js
As a Capital One Tech Lead, Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
This position will support the development of our Dynamic App Application, which is an online Credit Card Application web app that is interactive and makes real-time decisions, providing users with a smooth experience when applying for credit cards. Consumers are also able to choose from various types of credit cards Capital One offers. The Dynamic App leverages web, React.js, Node.js, AWS and is hosted on REST API. This is a fantastic place to exercise your frontend development and leadership skills, while gaining experience with a breadth of technologies at scale.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of software development experience with Java
- At least 2 years of software development experience with React.js
- 2+ years of experience with AWS
- 5+ years of experience with the analysis and development of web based applications
- 5+ years of experience with Spring framework
- 2+ years of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) experience
- 2+ years working in an Agile environment
- 3+ years of working with Web Services REST or SOAP
- 1+ years of Docker container experience
- 1+ years of experience with Mongo
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top