Lead Software Engineer, Fullstack
West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Lead Software Engineer, Fullstack
As a Capital One Lead Software Engineer, you'll work on large scale reliable applications that impact the way that Capital One does business. You will participate in the detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using emerging technologies. You'll bring a solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Java, AngularJS, Golang, Python, REST, JSON, XML, HTML / HTML5, CSS, Docker, Serverless, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
You will have the opportunity to continuously develop technical knowledge and skills on multiple platforms, and educate team members on the capabilities and constraints of technologies.
Who you are:
- You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Someone who is not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about their craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
- You love to learn new technologies and mentor junior engineers to raise the bar on your team
- It would be awesome if you have a robust portfolio on Github and / or open source contributions you are proud to share
- Passionate about intuitive and engaging user interfaces, as well as new/emerging concepts and techniques in web design
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years experience programming in Java or at least 2 years experience with Golang or Node.js design and software development
- At least 2 years experience with DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory
- At least 1 year experience with cloud based development
- At least 2 years experience with Spring framework
- At least 2 years experience with REST, WebSockets, gRPC, and/or Event/Reactive
- At least 1 years of container development experience
- At least 2 years of experience with JUnit or any equivalents
- At least 2 years experience in Agile practices
- 1+ year experience of Python development experience
- 1+ year experience in building Serviceless solutions
- 1+ year experience with AWS cloud based development
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or [email protected]
All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
UX Design Researcher
At Capital One’s user research lab facility, The Garage, in Plano, Texas, Michelle tests usability, examines customer behavior, and constructs the best customer-centered home and auto loan products.
Back to top