Lead Software Engineer
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Lead Software Engineer
Do you love extreme programming? DoyouwanttobeontheforefrontofthenextBIGthingindata and stream processing? Doyouenjoysolvingcomplexbusinessproblemsinafast-paced, collaborative, anditerativeprogrammingenvironmentusingcuttingedgeOpen-Sourcetoolsandtechnologies? Ifthisexcitesyou, thenkeepreading.
Capital One - a top 10 US bank that is using technology to bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking - needs software engineers to power its Big-Data initiations. We are looking for bright, driven, and talented individuals to join our team of passionate and innovative software engineers. In this role, you'll use your experience with Java, Spring, Message Queues, Rules, Fast Data, Streaming & Big Data technologies to work side-by-side with product owners and Agile team members in building our next generation of big data capabilities.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 8 Years' experience in Application development
- At least 6 Years' experience in Java, J2EE, Spring, JMS and Java related build and deployment tools and technologies.
- At least 2 Year experience working with Big Data Technologies such as Apache Storm, Apache Spark and Kafka.
- At least 1 year of experience in Cloud Technologies such as Amazon Web Services.
- At least 1 year of experience in Memory Data Grid solutions such as Apache Geode or Hazelcast.
- At least 1 year of experience with rules engines such as Drools
- Master's Degree or PhD
- 8+ years Java development experience
- 6+ years of experience in Python, Scala, or R for data analysis
- 4+ years' experience with Relational and NoSQL Database Systems (PostgreSQL or Redshift)
- 4+ years of UNIX/Linux experience
- 2+ years of Agile engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud computing (AWS)
- 1+ years of experience in leveraging supervised machine learning libraries
- 1+ years of experience working with CAP Theorem and addressing complex non-functional requirements
- 1+ years of experience in developing large and complex event processing platforms
- 1+ years of experience in developing high volume transaction processing solutions that can be scaled for millions of daily transactions
What we have:
- Flexible work schedules
- Convenient office locations
- Generous salary and merit-based pay incentives
- A startup mindset with the wallet of a top 10 bank
- Monthly innovation challenges dedicated to test driving cutting edge technologies
- Your choice of equipment (MacBook/PC, iPhone/Android Device)
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top