Lead Network Automation Engineer
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Lead Network Automation Engineer
Capital One is actively seeking experienced Lead Network Automation Engineer with expertise working on complex and high priority technology projects. This position will specifically focus on network automation initiatives. The primary responsibility is to lead the technical design and development for network automation through hands-on programming and scripting. Experience should include working in large network environments and supporting a variety of platforms and technologies. Must have a passion for programming the network and developing cohesive and sustainable solutions to support its evolution!
- Identify and develop comprehensive automation solutions for a network scope including routing, switching, voice, wireless, security, DNS, and load balancing platforms and technologies.
- Evaluate and deploy appropriate industry, vendor, open-source and/or in-house software solutions.
- Deliver scalable tools to programmatically manage networks and associated systems.
- Work closely with operations, engineering, and other teams to identify problem areas and implement programmatic solutions.
- Proactively seek and develop solutions to improve processes, network visibility, automated mitigation, and usability/self-service experience.
- Follow industry coding, deployment, and change management best practices, lead/participate in code reviews, and mentor junior developers.
- Track emerging technologies and help drive adoption based on business or technical drivers.
- Successfully meet deliverables for multiple projects, lead and/or participate on multiple project teams following Agile methodologies.
- Own the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems.
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify functional needs of system and determine priority.
- Enforce company policies in areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management, compliance, and HR.
- Contribute to defining time tables and project plans
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 8 years of experience in software development
- At least 5 years of experience as lead within software development projects
- At least 3 years of experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
- At least 2 years of experience with deployment and configuration management modeling languages
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or computer engineering
- 1 year of experience with public cloud implementations and connectivity.
- 1 year of experience with building frameworks leveraging SDN and NFV
- Cisco certifications
- Juniper certifications
- 1 year of experience with infrastructure relevant tools and products
- 1 year of experience with HTTP, SSL, SOAP/XML-RPC/REST/Web Services, JSON, SQL, NoSQL, OpenDaylight
- 1 year experience with Docker Jenkins
- 1 year experience with Cisco Tetration Service Now
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top