Lead Full-Stack Web Developer
Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Lead Full-Stack Web Developer
Lead Full-stack Web Developer
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you will work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
- Work with product owners to deliver desired applications, features, and capabilities along with required testing scenarios
- Lead a team to write and deliver code that is modular, highly scalable, and robust to achieve better quality, satisfy stakeholders and delight customers
- Continuously improve software engineering practices, as well as educate the broader organization of best practices
- Contribute code to the development of multi-platform application systems, through local builds and deployments as well as the CI/CD environments
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Ensure adherence to Agile team norms and coding standards, software design best practices, architecture strategy and intent
- Conduct Design and code reviews to ensure code adheres to development standards
- Coach and mentor junior developers as needed to build code to adhere to standards
- Collaborate with other tech teams and product owners for delivering optimal technology solutions
- Stay up to date on technologies, techniques, and industry trends
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience building software in an enterprise or commercial environment
- At least 5 years of experience with Java in a J2EE environment
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Proficiency in working with the Spring Boot Java framework
- Working knowledge of REST APIs and Java in a J2EE environment
- Knowledge and proficiency of CICD technologies: Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, AWS
- Understanding of code repositories and can commit code to Git or Subversion
- Experience with test automation technologies: Selenium, Cucumber or PhantomJS
- Experience with Agile, Scrum or XP
- Ability to use a variety of open source and commercial technologies and tools
- Working knowledge of the Unix/Linux command line
- Comfortable collaborating and communicating in a large team environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top