Lead Full Stack Engineer
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Lead Full Stack Engineer
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be supporting our Messaging platform, which is a large integrated platform that manages our Bank & Credit Card customer digital messaging functionality (alerts, email, SMS, mobile notifications, and secured messages) from alert preferences to delivery and marketing campaigns. The technology stack is primarily Java/APIs, Spring XD, Kafka, and Docker for containerization. It is also cloud-based in AWS and open sourced. It is integrated with Front End (UI) and other Back End technology systems. Additionally, this person should have a solid understanding of how web applications work including: security, session management, and best development practices.
• Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
• Continuously improve software engineering practices
• Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
• Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
• Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
• Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of Object Oriented Programming experience
- At least 2 years of API development experience
- At least 1 year of experience as a team lead
- At least 1 year of experience with AWS
- At least 2 years of data modeling experience
- At least 2 years of experience working within a CICD environment
- Master's Degree
- 7+ years of experience in software development
- 7+ years of experience in Agile practices
- 1+ years of experience with Spark, Kafka or Hadoop
- 1+ years of experience working with Microservices
- 2+ years of experience with deployment tools like Ansible, Docker, Terraform
- 1+ years of Rest API development experience
- AWS certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top