Lead Data Engineer, Tech College
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Lead Data Engineer, Tech College
Capital One Overview
At Capital One, we dare to dream, disrupt and deliver a better way. Our goal is simple – bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to an industry ripe for change. Founder-led, Capital One is on a mission to change banking for good and to help people live their best lives. Together, we will build one of America's leading information-based technology companies. We may be a bank, but we think and operate like a tech company. A tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products. A tech company that experiments and innovates with the latest technologies, engineers breakthrough customer experiences, and brings simplicity and humanity to banking. Join us.
Tech College Overview
We are creating something unique and unprecedented, a re-imagined hub for technology training, as a bold investment in developing our associates and leaders, recruiting top technical and non-technical talent, and continuing to differentiate ourselves in the market. As a Lead Data Engineer] within the Tech College, you'll be part of a team responsible for analyzing, designing, and developing highly engaging learning experiences and solutions that will fuel our growth as a Tech company and help our associates develop cutting-edge skills.
This is a rare opportunity to be in a role with meaningful impact, challenging problems to solve, creative freedom and autonomy, strong support, and the ability to stay on the cutting edge of knowledge, skills, and tech. If this sounds too amazing to be true, challenge us – go ahead, apply and see for yourself.
- Experiment, prototype, and develop sustainable data driven solutions with state-of-the-art technologies to meet the needs of our organization
- Exhibit strong skills and knowledge in distributed batch and stream compute platforms or distributed database and storage technologies
- Document and disseminate knowledge to team members and the wider organization
- Leverage reusable code and modules to solve problems across the team and organization
- Be capable of handling multiple functions and roles within a single project or team
- Follow, build, and demand strong software engineering principles across the team
- Be a self-motivated, driven individual with strong emphasis on team accountability
- Establish or maintain best practices across the team and organization where appropriate
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience professionally developing software as part of an agile team
- At least 2 years of experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience in Shell, Perl or Python
- At least 1 year of experience with leading big and fast data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, and Kafka
- 1 year experience with learning, mentoring others, and collaborative knowledge sharing
- 1 year experience providing technical leadership towards development of a product or platform
- AWS Certification
- 1 year experience working within a cloud computing model
- 1 year experience designing, developing, and implementing ETL pipelines
- 1 year experience with distributed NoSQL data stores
- 1 year experience with Design Thinking methodology, rapid prototyping, and minimal viable product development
- 1 year experience with DevOps and CI/CD practices
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top