Lead Data Engineer
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Lead Data Engineer
We are the digiTECH organization within Capital One and are responsible for the foundation for every digital experience and interaction that customers have with us. We establish a customer's identity and ensure customer accounts, personal information and digital experience is safe and protected. We also offer a foundation and extendable template that extends a set of horizontal services and patterns to solve business problems. We have multiple platforms which integrate across the entire company and enable API's to be used by a number of lines of business.
We are looking for a passionate technologist with a knack for delivery to join a team of engineers to build and/or implement automated, cloud-based environments and tools to support our business analytical insights and reporting agenda. We are re-imagining how analysts discover, prepare and publish data at Capital One and this is an opportunity to display knowledge of your craft by having a hand in building large-scale reliable data applications and platforms. You will be an integral part in advancing the culture of technical excellence within Capital One and creating experiences to delight our analytical associates who will use your products to make decisions critical to the business!
What you'll do:
- Help develop sustainable data solutions with current and leading gen data technologies to meet the needs of our organization and business customers
- Grasp / master new technologies rapidly as needed to progress varied initiatives
- Break down complex data issues and resolve them
- Build robust systems with an eye on the long-term maintenance and support of the application
- Work directly with the product owner and end-users to constantly deliver products in a highly collaborative and agile environment
Who you are:
- Someone with a strong sense of engineering craftsmanship, and takes pride in creating work products (code, etc.)
- A believer that good development includes good testing, documentation, and collaboration
- A good communicator with strong reasoning skills, who can make a case for technology choices
- Curious. Ask questions and desire to understand the 'Why' to drive the 'How' or 'What' of a solution
- Self-driven, actively looking for ways to contribute, and know how to get things done
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 7 years of microservices development experience: Python, Java, Bash, or Scala
- At least 3 years of experience building data pipelines, CICD pipelines, and fit for purpose data stores
- At least 3 years of experience with Big Data Technologies: Apache Spark, Hadoop, or Kafka
- At least 1 year of experience in Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- Master's Degree
- 2+ years of experience working with AWS: S3, EMR, or EC2
- 3+ years of experience working with data consumption patterns in SQL or Python applications
- 3+ years of experience working with automated build and continuous integration systems
- 2+ years of experience with Unix or Linux systems
- 1+ years of experience with NOSQL Graph Databases
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
JyotisanaSenior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top