Lead Data Engineer
201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Lead Data Engineer
As part of our team, what will you do?
- Collaborate and work closely with product owners to define product features and road map
- Lead team of data engineers to build next generation data tools using modern architecture and design concepts
- Be hands-on, passionate and driven to solve complex problems
- Solve complex design challenges through the introduction of new and emerging tools and approaches to data management
- Transform complex analytical models into scalable, production-ready solutions
- Continuously integrate and ship code into on-premise and cloud production environments
- Build data APIs and data delivery services that support critical operational and analytical applications for our internal business operations, customers and partners
Here is what we will bring to the table:
- A startup mindset with the backing of a top 10 bank
- Monthly Innovation-Days dedicated to test driving cutting edge technologies
- Flexible work schedules - Convenient office locations - Generous salary and merit-based pay incentives
- Your choice of equipment (MacBook/PC, iPhone/Android Device)
- Develop sustainable data-driven solutions with current and next generation data technologies to meet the needs of our organization and business customers
- Learn and adpat new technologies rapidly to progress multiple agile initiatives
- Utilize a working knowledge of multiple development languages
- Drive cross team design / development via technical leadership / mentoring
- Understand complex multi-tier, multi-platform systems
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years in coding in data management, data warehousing or unstructured data environments
- At least 5 years' experience with leading big data technologies like Spark, Kafka or Storm
- Master's Degree
- 3+ years experience with Agile engineering practices
- 3+ years experience developing Java/ Scala based software solutions
- 3+ years experience developing software solutions to solve complex business problems
- 3+ years experience with Relational Database Systems and SQL
- 3+ years experience designing, developing, and implementing ETL
- 3+ years experience with UNIX/Linux including basic commands and shell scripting
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top