Lead Cybersecurity Engineer
Towers Crescent 2 (12067), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Lead Cybersecurity Engineer
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, we measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared vision and culture, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. Although we are a bank, we operate as a tech company. We write our own code, develop our own software, and build our own products. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. We are changing banking for good because we dare to dream, disrupt, and deliver a better way.
Tech College Position Overview:
We are creating something unique and unprecedented: a re-imagined hub for technology training called Tech College. This is a bold investment in developing our associates and leaders, recruiting top technical and non-technical talent, and continuing to differentiate ourselves in the market. Tech College aims to transform our approach to enabling our associates and leaders with the technical skills they need to be successful in current and future roles. We constantly strive to deliver impactful and engaging learning experiences through the most cutting-edge methods to directly enable the success of our people and our business.
As the Lead Cybersecurity Engineer within Tech College, you'll be part of a team responsible for analyzing, designing, and developing highly engaging learning experiences and solutions that will fuel our growth as a Tech company and help our associates develop cutting-edge skills.
The Lead Cybersecurity Engineer will work with the Director and Learning Program Manager of the Cybersecurity discipline to set the direction and strategy for their curriculum as they work to design and develop a revolutionary learning experience for Capital One associates and executives. You will use your technical expertise in Security, Cryptography, Authentication, and Application Security to design and develop highly technical engaging learning assets (e.g., immersive simulations, hackathons, apps, etc.).
As the Lead Cybersecurity Engineer, you will be the primary point of contact for content review, relevance, accuracy, comprehensiveness, and engagement to ensure all advanced technical content is accurate and will provide an engaging and impactful learning experience.
This is a rare opportunity to be in a role with meaningful impact, challenging problems to solve, creative freedom and autonomy, strong support, and the ability to stay on the cutting edge of knowledge, skills, and tech. If this sounds like an interesting challenge and a compelling opportunity, we would love to meet you!
- Partner with line-of-business advisors, Tech College leadership, and other stakeholder groups to identify technical and functional needs for designing and delivering cutting-edge Tech College learner experiences
- Partner with the Cybersecurity Director and Learning Program Manager to set curriculum strategy that delivers maximum learner engagement and educational impact
- Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, and hardware needed to create Cybersecurity learning assets
- Partner with Learning Program Manager to design and deliver engaging and impactful learning assets that incorporate both highly technical subject matter and adult learning strategies (e.g., immersive simulations, hackathons, apps, etc.)
- Review potential learning assets to be procured by the Cybersecurity team for educational impact, accuracy, relevance, and learner engagement
- Partner with team members across Tech College, as needed, to design, develop, and deliver learning assets (e.g., instructional designers, graphic / web developers, marketing SMEs)
- Continuously curate Cybersecurity curriculum according to external trends, business priorities, and feedback from key stakeholders (e.g., learners, executive leadership)
- Identify new Cybersecurity technologies and trends that align with and enhance current curriculum
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of technical experience in the cybersecurity field
- Master's Degree
- 2+ years experience preparing and delivering technical education
- 2+ years experience cloud security (AWS preferred)
- 2 + years experience in red team/pen testing
- 2+ years experience in incident response
- 2+ years experience in software development
- Professional security certifications CISSP, CISM, CCSP, OSCP
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top