Lead Cloud Network Engineer
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Lead Cloud Network Engineer
We are seeking a highly creative and intellectually curious Lead Cloud Proxy Engineer who is passionate about Cloud infrastructure and Public Cloud hosting. As part of a team that's leading the next wave of disruption on a whole new scale, you will play an integral part in advancing Capital One's Cloud eco-system and culture of technical excellence. Today we are focused on AWS, tomorrow it will be another public cloud provider. If you are focused on the art of the possible and are not afraid to push the bounds of technology, you want to be at Capital One. In this position, you will play a major role in shaping the future for how to quickly deploy applications at scale in the cloud for a Fortune 150 Financial Services organization.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Use your winning personality to influence broader Engineering groups in adopting Cloud technologies and processes
- Develop scripts and glue code to integrate multiple software components
- Automate the provisioning of environments through cooking up some recipes with Chef, or through Ansible, and the deployment of those environments using containers, like Docker (and for the love of automation, at least have some configuration management tool through some version control)
- Identify technical obstacles early and work closely with team to find creative solutions, build prototypes & develop deployment strategies, and procedures
- Collaborate with the Line of Business development teams to bring new features and services into production
- Implement patterns for streaming, batch and bulk movement of data across data centers
- Design, deploy and manage HA, secure and scalable Cloud resources
- Design and develop automation workflows, performing unit tests and conducting reviews to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and assessing the overall quality of delivered components
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with customers, vendors, and other engineering team, solving complex business problems together
- Display strong operating system prowess and understanding of cloud security principles
- Perform root cause analysis to assist customers with identifying performance issues and suggest architecture solution optimizing solutions
- Evaluate & build different compute frameworks for all tiers and while you don't have to scale buildings, implementing scalable system solutions is required
- We're looking for self-starters, those who can work independently, with and across teams. Establishing smooth running environments is paramount to your success, and happiness
- If you have not figured out yet this place is really running fast and hard. Looking to punch a clock? Turn back. Come here and expect to get things done!!
- Work with internal customers to implement data monitoring, orchestration and code deployment
- You love learning new technologies and mentoring more junior engineers
- At least 2 years' experience working in a Cloud environment
- At least 2 years' experience developing automation and automation script
- At least 2 years' experience with infrastructure designs, implementation and support
- At least 1 years' experience developing applications using Agile principles
- At least 1 years' experience with a formal version control tool
- 3+ years' experience with OOP concepts and modern scripting languages, (Python, Ruby, Perl) and frameworks (RAILS)
- 2+ years' using cloud-based hosting solutions (AWS-EC2/S3, Azure, Google Cloud)
- 2+ years' with automation tools for server provisioning and Open Source tools (Ansible, Cobbler, Ironic, Chef and Chef Metal)
- 2+ years' experience with network and software implementations
- 2+ years' experience with Linux, server automation, and scripting
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top