Lead Back-End Engineer, Critical Stack
60 Hampshire Street (21003), United States of America, Cambridge, Massachusetts
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Lead Back-End Engineer, Critical Stack
Capital One is looking for an experienced and motivated engineer to join a stellar team. While this is initially an individual contributor role, there is the potential to manage others in the future. In the meantime, you'll be involved in many aspects to evolve our existing architecture and working with teams to implement new features and functionality.
The job involves the following responsibilities:
- Build robust and scalable software in Go
- Design and create web application back-end
- Contribute and provide feedback to other team members
- Ensuring code quality testing, automation and conducting code reviews
- Participating in ideation sessions – contributing ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
- High School Diploma, GED, Equivalent Certification or Military Service
- At least 5 years of experience with product design, delivery, and ownership
- At least 5 years' experience in building web application back-end/server side scripting
- 5+ years of agile experience.
- 5+ years experience in open source software footprint
- Professional security management certification, such as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top