KYC Specialist Lead
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
KYC Specialist Lead
Commercial KYC Specialist Lead
Location: Melville or Richmond
Internal Level: Team Lead
The Commercial Operations team supports our clients and client bankers to set up relationships and provide ongoing servicing support.
The Commercial Know your Customer (KYC) Fulfillment team is responsible for ensuring that the Commercial Bank meets Anti-Money Laundering (AML) rules as dictated by regulations. The manager of these team will have in-depth knowledge of AML and KYC programs, regulations, standards and compliance requirements and apply them to new and existing clients. They will lead a team that analyzes and interprets documents based on corporate/legal formation documentation and structures in order to extract relevant customer information. In addition, the team also will research, consult with compliance and bankers, escalate, address unresolved issues and manage information in the system of record.
We are seeking an individual who inspires their team to perform well, meet regulatory requirements, pass audit, and partner with peers to assure overall team success. The candidate should have strong attention to detail, keen problem-solving skills, and communicate effectively with both external and internal customers. In addition, this person should be eager to understand Commercial Banking and AML requirements. The candidate should have the ability to engage in interactive dialogue with customers through active listening. He/she approaches problems logically and with good judgment to ensure the appropriate outcome. The individual should effectively prioritize work to meet process and customer needs. As a start-up team, the ideal candidate will be open to change, share ideas, and assure processes and procedures are accurate.
- Manage 5-8 Specialists
- Facilitate development plans and review objectives leveraging scorecards and competency matrixes as a part of ongoing routines
- Create your own development plan specifically including growth areas in people management competencies
- Write and deliver effective performance reviews aligned with CapOne performance processes
- Deliver feedback along the way and ensure consistent awareness of associate performance
- Establish relationships with LOB partners
- Responsible for meeting critical regulatory deadlines
- Manage and communicate key process measures for your lines of business
- Identify risks, performance trends and leverage points for process improvements
- Understand basic principles of process management (BPM level), engage the team in process thinking and incorporate into process management routines
- SME in applicable regulations and internal policies
- Effectively manage escalations
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed resulting in consistent adherence to requirements to pass audits and exams
- Drive a process improvement mindset particularly engaging associates in ideas and managing through change
- Experience working in team environment across locations
- Time-management, organizational skills, communication, judgement and positive demeanor are a must
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of people management experience
- At least 3 years of experience with AML(Anti-Money Laundering) or at least 3 years of experience with KYC (Know Your Customer)
- At least 2 years of experience in a client facing role
- At least 1 year of Commercial banking experience
- At least 5 years of experience with AML(Anti-Money Laundering) or at least 5 years of experience with KYC (Know Your Customer)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top