Place St Charles (37701), United States of America, New Orleans, Louisiana
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Commercial KYC Fulfillment Specialist
Locations: New Orleans and Dallas
The Commercial Operations team supports our clients and client bankers to set up relationships and provide ongoing servicing support.
The Commercial Know your Customer (KYC) Fulfillment team is responsible for ensuring that the Commercial Bank meets Anti-Money Laundering (AML) rules as dictated by regulations. Associates will have knowledge of AML and KYC programs, regulations, standards and compliance requirements and apply them to new and existing clients. They will analyze and interpret documents based on corporate/legal formation documentation and structures in order to extract relevant customer information. In addition, associates will research, consult with compliance and bankers, escalate, address unresolved issues and manage information in the system of record. Associates will also interact with Quality Control team on findings and improvements.
We are seeking an individual who has strong attention to detail, keen problem-solving skills, and communicates effectively with both external and internal customers. In addition, this person should be eager to understand Commercial Banking and AML requirements. The candidate should have the ability to engage in interactive dialogue with customers through active listening. He/she approaches problems logically and with good judgment to ensure the appropriate outcome. The individual can make appropriate decisions on behalf of regulations and the customer. Effectively prioritize work to ensure efficiency and conducts research as needed. As a start-up team, the ideal candidate will also be open to change, share ideas with the team and leaders, listen to ideas from teammates, and assure processes and procedures are accurate.
- Determine KYC requirements for clients based on type of structure and relationship
- Verify Customer Information Program (CIP) data for clients from documents and additional research.
- Engage bankers and clients to obtain missing information
- Responsible for submitting OFAC/PEP/Neg News screening requests to AML team
- Partner with compliance on escalations and red flags
- Enter and maintain required CDD data elements in system
- Address and resolve findings and errors identified during quality review process
- Review and complete EDD requests from AML team within required timeframe
- Review and complete Customer Information refresh requests from AML team
- Follow policies and procedures to assure consistent adherence to requirements
- Identify process improvements
- Share best practices with teammates across locations
- Cross-train on various lines of business to flex in cases of high volume or tight timelines and to back up teammates
- Work in team environment across locations
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience working in operations driven by regulatory requirements
- At least 2 years of experience working with bankers to service clients
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- At least 1 year of experience working in a commercial bank
- At least 1 year of experience working with AML or at least 1 year of experience working with KYC
- At least 1 year of experience working in Compliance, at least 1 year of experience working in risk, at least 1 year of experience working in legal, or at least 1 year of experience working in audit
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top