Knowledge Management Author
North York (93006), Canada, North York,Toronto, Ontario,
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Knowledge Management Author
You have the skills. You possess the drive. What you need is a place where you're given immediate responsibility. The opportunity to make real-world impact. At Capital One, we provide credit cards to customers fitted to their specific needs. Our entrepreneurial spirit and drive to stand out in the industry has led us to become a Fortune 500 company and one of the top 50 employers in the GTA. And its here that you'll find a fast-paced, teamwork-oriented environment that values your collaborative and analytical abilities.
At Capital One, we march to a different beat! With thousands of employees, we never lose anyone in the shuffle, but celebrate individuals with respect and exceptional benefits. And we don't just fill positions, but recruit the best and the brightest people that know how to set industry trends and wow consumers.
Capital One has celebrated milestones, including:
- 112 on the Fortune 500 list
- More than 45,000 associates globally
- More than 65 million customer accounts
- Canada's Top Employer for Young People for 2011, 2012 & 2013
- Great Place to Work - Best Workplace in 2013, 2014 & 2015
- Best Workplaces in Canada for Women in 2014 & 2015
- Top 50 Companies for Diversity (2013) by Diversity Inc.
The Knowledge Management Author role is responsible for updating and creating content in Capital One's proprietary content management system. The successful applicant will possess extensive understanding of content management principles to ensure online tools are structured appropriately to meet the needs of a diverse group of call center agents. Problem solving skills, keen attention to detail and the ability to apply established style guide and standards to content is required. The individual must demonstrate flexibility and the ability to work independently in a time-sensitive environment.
- Update and create online content using a content management system and edit HTML source code (hand code)
- Write and edit content: work instructions, job aids and daily bulletins, in accordance with Capital One's style guide and standards.
- Identify content gaps (logic flow) in agent performance support documents and resolve challenges through research and partnering with subject matter experts.
- Represent Knowledge Management in Agent Readiness meetings.
- Assist in the creation of sound communication strategies for new business intents.
- Manage workload appropriately; multitask and manage simultaneous projects within short deadlines.
- Communicate with business intent requestors, approvers, subject matter experts and team members on job status.
- Key skills: experienced authoring skills, communication and attention to detail.
We are looking for someone with:
- Strong understanding of a contact centre environment
- Strong writing and analytical skills
- An ability to work in a fast pace environment
- An understanding of performance support
- Team player mindset
- At least 2 years of post-secondary education in Business, English or Web Design
- At least 1 year of experience in content information management
- At least 1 year of content management systems such as WordPress or Joomla
- At least 2 years of call centre experience.
- Proficient in HTML, Adobe Dreamweaver, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with IRIS, TSYS, WHIRL and / or other Capital One proprietary CRM systems.
- 1 year of experience in financial services.
- Basic knowledge of video-editing tools.
- SharePoint 2013 user / site collection administration experience.
- French is an asset.
Capital One Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top