Java Software Engineer
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Java Software Engineer
As a Java Software Engineer, you will be joining a team that supports our Messaging platform, which is a large integrated platform that manages our Bank & Credit Card customer digital messaging functionality (alerts, email, SMS, mobile notifications, and secured messages) from alert preferences to delivery and marketing campaigns. The technology stack is primarily Java/APIs, Spring, Scala, Kafka, and Docker for containerization. It is heavily cloud-based in AWS and open sourced. Additionally, this person should have a solid understanding of how web applications work including: security, session management, and best engineering practices.
• Be heavily involved in public cloud migration of intricate ecosystems
• Develop web applications that configure complex messaging networks
• Have the ability to impact best engineering practices
• Operate in an end to end environment that encourages a YBYO culture
• Work within and across cutting-edge Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
• Bachelor's Degree or military experience
• At least 5 years of Java programming experience
• At least 1 year of Microservices or API development experience
• At least 2 years of experience in a CICD environment
• At least 1 year of experience with cloud-based computing
• Master's Degree
• 6+ years of experience in software development
• 4+ years of experience in Agile practices
• 1+ years of experience with Spark, Scala, Kafka or EMR
• AWS certification
• 2+ years of experience with deployment tools like Ansible, Docker, Terraform
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top