IT OPS and Infrastructure Systems Specialist
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
IT OPS and Infrastructure Systems Specialist
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to join our Technology Strategy and Delivery team within Mosaic Tech. You will be responsible for the production process and will be accountable for process performance, Assist with identifying, developing, and implementing process improvements to gain efficiencies, and leverage process and relationship management to collaborate with clients to drive cross-functional improvements. You will oversee technical and operational related activities. Through strong relationships you will help lead operational audits and provide reports to senior leadership which include analysis of the data and solutions.
In this role, you ensure production support activities for all major systems and related subsystems are carried out. Your role is critical to ensuring the integrity of computer-generated data. As an essential member of the team, your responsibilities involve a deep technical understanding of architecture and environments supported.
- Has a working knowledge of standards and languages
- Ability to grasp new technologies rapidly as needed to progress varied initiatives
- Identify opportunities for and driving continuous process improvements
- Able to identify needed operational metrics. Ability to produce, develop and or deliver the capability to obtain the operational metrics leveraging automation, scripting, API's etc.
- Perform audits of existing programs/processes
- Assist with production support issues when they arise
- Clearly communicate technical information
- Lead/oversee the troubleshooting of problems, by involving the appropriate resources to implement fixes as quickly as possible
- Participating in system design improvements and performance enhancements
- Owning all aspects of service delivery, including on call and technical recovery.
- Develop and maintain relationships with LOB to drive cross-functional improvements and standards
- Able to breakdown integration issues and resolve them
- Be the primary resource overseeing production releases, enhancements, rehydration, monitoring production systems
Skills/Experience (in addition to the qualifications listed below):
- Candidates should be proficient in: AWS, Scrum, Azure, BMC, ServiceNow, Java
- 3+ years relevant experience in one or more of the following: operations management, people management, relationship management, project management
- 2+ years of experience with Bash scripts
- 2+ years of experience with automating tasks
- 2+ years of experience monitoring production systems to ensure availability, performance, capacity and incident response
- 1+ year of experience with Ansible or Chef
- 1+ year of experience with Terraform or CloudFormation
AWS certification, Cloud, Automation, process management, Dev Ops, Scrum, SQL, Scripting, automation, reporting, Asure, BMC, ServiceNow, Java, project management, Bash scrips, Ansible, Chef, Terraform, CloudFormation, ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana)
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years' experience in IT
- At least 3 years of experience with Agile Scrum process
- At least 1 year of CI/CD methodology
- AWS certification
- 3+ years' experience in Agile practices
- 1+ years' experience in technology delivery and 1+ years' experience in technology service management
- 1+ year of experience with the ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana)
- 2+ years of experience with Python
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top