Incident Management Analysis- Manager
Locations: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Incident Management Analysis- Manager
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation's great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas, and backgrounds, guided by our shared values, come together to make Capital One a great company - and a great place to work.
Manager- Incident Management Analysis As part of the larger Credit Solutions organization, the Incident Manager will provide direction for overall command and control for incidents that threaten or impact CapitalOne's business operations. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to lead initiatives involving Capital One's Incident Management Program overarching framework, plans, policies, and processes. This role will have the opportunity to apply project and process management, strategic, and analytical skills to some of our highest profile issues. This role has a high level of exposure across lines of business and has the opportunity to create and implement innovative solutions.
- Facilitate incident response by identifying process gaps and engaging appropriate teams to resolve product system and data issues
- Day-to-day oversight of multiple processes: monitor, report, and plan process improvement or redesign initiatives
- Identify, propose and manage process enhancements within the Crisis Management Framework, including templates, tools, and other guidance to evolve the program.
- Tracking and resolving process breakdowns
- Developing and implementing comprehensive KPIs with analytics and metrics teams
- Distill big picture intent into tactical requirements and implementation plans
- Partner with business leads to develop and oversee the delivery of high impact transformation initiatives or workstreams inclusive of definition, scoping, design, and delivery of outcomes and benefits
- Design and manage integrated comprehensive plans to deliver strategy, assess and address issues and risks, facilitate decisions, identify interdependencies, and convey status
- Consult with business partners to understand complex problems and focus on bringing issues to resolution, influencing and escalating as necessary to meet timelines. Includes clarifying and defining transformation requirements/scope for cross-functional programs
- Actively participate in team-oriented efforts
- Collaborate on larger initiatives, including representing the department on broader change control forums for input and to represent department interests.
- Experience with using complex data environments with multiple product systems for various tasks such as regular reporting, ad hoc queries, and incident triaging.
- Experience with tracking incidents and providing dashboard views of issues/tickets across time
- Strong attention to detail, keen problem-solving skills, with experience performing impact and root cause analyses, recommending solutions, and supporting resolution efforts
- Demonstrated effective communication skills across multiple business workstreams to influence a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities, while maintaining focus on deadlines and high-quality results
- Ability to map out a process maturity framework to proactively identify process performance gaps and prioritize actions
- Strong attention to detail, keen problem-solving skills, and ability to communicate effectively with both external and internal customers.
- Eager to understand the value provided to the business by improving product systems and data quality
- Ability to approach problems logically and with good judgment to ensure the appropriate outcome
- Capacity to adapt to and manage change in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 1 year of data analysis or consulting experience
- 3-5 of Project Management, Incident Response, Business Process Management, or Risk Management experience
- At least 3 years of experience working with business owners and/or Subject Matter Experts to appropriately assess the business impact of incidents/defect
- At least 2 years of experience with technical incident resolution or at least 2 years of experience with product defect resolution
- Technical certification in Java, Python, SQL
- 3-5 years of developing and facilitating incident response routines and governance
- 3-5 years of experience in incident response and recovery operations
- At least 3 years of experience supporting, partnering and interacting with internal and external business clients
- Industry certification in Operational Risk or Incident Management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top