IAM Software Engineer
Locations: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
IAM Software Engineer
Capital One is seeking an Identity-Security and SSO professional to design innovative solutions using Ping products to enable Authentication capability within legacy, and new, internal, and externally facing applications used by our associates and business partners. The team also supports Multi-Factor Authentication (currently Ping ID), enabling it for users and applications as needed.
- Clearly understand and able to concisely articulate authentication concepts and technologies.
- Clearly understand and able to work on system integrations for web-based technologies
- Demonstrated ability to learn and quickly become an SME on authentication tools and technology products
- Ability to influence company as well as vendor directions for identity solutions. Follow industry trends as necessary.
- Evaluate and adopt new tools and products to set internal trends and trajectories for authentication solutions.
- Help re-architect our internal authentication solutions in a cloud environment
- Manage and innovate authentication and session policies across varying contextual authentication and platforms, with both thick and thin clients.
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Improve our security posture and user experience by enabling and promoting the adoption of SSO
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Think out of the box and develop creative solutions with current products and their capabilities to solve business and functional needs
- Be willing and flexible to learn and innovate and not lose sight of organization goals and expected target-state
- Help drive larger efforts with integration touch-points on other enterprise systems
- Help strategize roadmaps for the team as well as larger IAM group in general
- Multi-task to keep multiple technical efforts going.
- Partner with the SSO Factory to SSO-enable more business applications
- Make as many things as possible self-service for users and application teams, always maintaining security and compliance
- Look for opportunities to automate all repeatable tasks
- Ensure operations, support and maintenance of the infrastructure used to support SSO is performed... High Availability resilience, top performance, tight security, and appropriate logging are critical.
- Evaluate new features available in SSO software upgrades
Communication and Collaboration:
- Conduct incident triage and resolution when needed
- Provide moral and technical support to the team during upgrades/enhancements, typically done off hours
- Interact with different teams across multiple organizations and geographical locations of the company.
- Write clear documentations for consumption by non-Technical end users, as well as tech community and service desk
- Clearly communicate to Senior Leadership within and outside the group for planning, scheduling and status reporting.
Key terms: Ping, Single Sign On, SSO, Multi-Factor Authentication, MFA, IAM, Identity, Authentication, Okta, LDAP, Active Directory
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience with Identity Management SSO Solutions, to include PingFederate, Ping Access, Entrust GetAccess, or CA SiteMinder,
- At least 2 years of experience in software development for web-based applications
- At least 2 years of experience in Enterprise Application support or engineering
- At least 2 years of experience in UNIX, Windows, Oracle and SQL Scripting
- At least 2 years of experience working with UNIX based servers, webservers and Active Directory
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 4+ years of experience with Identity Management/ SSO Solutions, to include PingFederate, Ping Access, Entrust GetAccess, CA SiteMinder, at least 3+ of which should be in innovation and pioneering solutions
- 3+ years of experience supporting daily operations of Identity management and support team
- 3+ years of experience in COTS products while interacting with the vendor
- 3+ years of experience in Active Directory integrations, webservers and databases
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top