IAM Software Engineer
Locations: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
IAM Software Engineer
Capital One is seeking an Identity-Security and SSO professional to design innovative solutions using Ping products to enable Authentication capability within legacy, and new, internal, and externally facing applications used by our associates and business partners.
- Clearly understand and able to concisely articulate authentication concepts and technologies.
- Clearly understand and able to work on system integration for web-based technologies
- Demonstrated ability to learn and quickly become an SME on authentication tools and technology products
- Ability to influence company as well as vendor directions for identity solutions. Follow industry trends as
- Evaluate and adopt new tools and products to set internal trends and trajectories for authentication solutions.
- Help re-architect our internal authentication solutions in a cloud environment
- Manage and innovate authentication and session policies across varying contextual authentication and platforms,
- with both thick and thin clients.
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Improve our security posture and user experience by enabling and promoting the adoption of SSO
- Execute application and system change-orders
- Be available, troubleshoot, identify root causes, plan and resolve production issues/ incidents
- Keep an eye on system monitoring, respond to alerts, raise awareness, take corrective actions and report to leadership
- Raise and respond to incidents for system support/ coordination/ troubleshooting system issues as well as application issues.
- Coordinate with TOC team for production issues/ outages.
- Execute, report and resolve items that need involvement from other internal teams like systems' support, network support, proxy/load-balancer support teams etc.
- Manage and execute coordination with external vendors' tech team for troubleshooting production issues for new and existing integrations
- Plan and execute AWS implementations and rehydration tasks
- Coordinate with other team members within support
- Coordinate work items with Engineering and Development teams
- Interact with different teams across multiple organizations and geographical locations of the company.
- Write clear documentations for consumption by non-Technical end users, as well as tech community and service desk
- Bachelor Degree or military experience
- At least 5+ years of experience with Identity Management SSO Solutions, to include PingFederate, Ping Access, or nEntrust
- At least 3+ years of experience with GetAccess and CA SiteMinder,
- At least 3+ years of experience in software development for web-based applications
- At least 3+ years of experience as a Technical Lead for authentication solutions
- At least 2+ years of experience working with Unix, Windows scripting and Active Directory
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 2+ years of experience supporting daily operations of Identity management and support team
- 1+ years of experience in COTS products while interacting with the vendor
- 3+ years of experience in Active Directory integrations, web servers and databases
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top