IAM- Help Desk Support
Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
IAM- Help Desk Support
Capital One is seeking a customer service oriented Help Desk Engineer to provide advanced technical support to users in an efficient and accurate manner. You will be considered as the firm's second line solving more complicated access related problems while providing support for all assigned areas. The goal is to make sure that Capital One associate value is maintained to the standards set forth by the company.
- Provide second level contact and convey resolutions to Capital One associate issues
- Properly escalate unresolved queries to the next level of support
- Provide user access support and resolve problems to the end user's satisfaction
- Administer system access by creating, maintaining and removing User and System Access rights based on authorized requests received through internal requests tools, in accordance with established procedures and within defined Service Level Agreements (SLA's)
- Work break/fix Incident (Trouble) Tickets for access-related issues and provide close the loop service to internal customers
- Manage access to both internal and external applications
- Supports enterprise-wide compliance initiatives by complying with control requirements and standards when fulfilling requests
- Securely communicate login credentials, initially or when reset, to the user
- Effectively manage priorities, communicate progress and raise impediments as needed
- Develop a full understanding of the processes and procedures in scope by the team in order to deliver a high-quality provisioning service to our customers
- Use knowledge of processes and procedures to identify and offer ways to make improvements within the team
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- At least 1 year of help desk support experience
- At least 1 year of experience with help desk software, databases and remote control
- At least 1 year of Identity and Access Management experience
- Fluent in English
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering or military experience
- ITIL Certification
- Mac integrated basics certificate or 1+ years of Mac support experience
- 1+ years of experience working with Windows 7 and Windows 10 Operating systems and 1+ years of experience troubleshooting Windows 7 and Windows 10 Operating systems
- 2+ years of experience in a help desk environment supporting an end user population
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top