HR Team Lead
West Creek 2 (12072), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
HR Team Lead
We are searching for a dynamic and experienced leader to serve as the ADA and Medical Accommodations Team Lead. The successful candidate will be responsible for management of a team of highly specialized ADA Medical Accommodation experts and oversight of our vendor administering the ADA process. Focus on providing reasonable accommodations to our associates, collaborating with managers and internal partners to find innovative solutions that enable our associates to perform their roles. Requires an understanding of federal guidelines regarding Title I of the ADAAA and state/local laws relating to disability accommodations, and identifying changes in programs and policies as they pertain to changes to or interpretations of applicable law.
No ADA experience necessary. Just bring your strong people leadership, influencing skills, process enhancement skills, excellent communications and a willingness and curiosity to learn.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups and collaborate with internal partners
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills, and experience with research, evaluative and reporting techniques
- Proficient using spreadsheets, word processing and possess strong training and presentation skills
- Establish strong controls and monitoring to manage risk and ensure compliance with ADAAA Title I and other applicable laws
- Works well in gray space and ambiguous circumstances; is detail oriented
- Drive process improvements that enhance the associate experience and compliance adherence; agile methodology
- Seen as subject matter expert in accommodation processes and best practices, including technology, and serves as an escalation point
- Coaches team in the resolution of problems, develops training and utilizes external networks and resources appropriately to grow talent and skills
- Manage strong vendor partnership; performance and compliance adherence
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 3 years of Human Resources experience
- At least 3 years of team leadership experience
- 5 years of team leadership experience
- 5 years of Human Resources experience
- CertifiedLeave Management Specialist (CLMS)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top