Home Loans Subservicing Oversight Relationship Manager
Plano 2 (31062), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Home Loans Subservicing Oversight Relationship Manager
This position is responsible for managing and supporting Capital One Home Loans Sub Servicing to ensure day to day activities, responsibilities and deliverables are met for all Client inquiries, Compliance audits requests and site visits as required. The scope of this position requires cross functional knowledge about Client requirements, Default processes and various audit requirements including GSE, Agency, State and Federal requirements. The incumbent will partner with internal managers within Client Relations, Compliance and Legal to ensure Client satisfaction is obtained for all Servicing & Default process questions, audits requests, compliance testing requirements are completed as required.
At the end of the day, it's about people and doing the right thing. At Capital One, we are changing banking for good and this comes to life in Mortgage through a set of close-to heart values called the "Mortgage Blueprint". This Blueprint defines who we are and how we deliver for customers and to each other. We're not just any Mortgage company; we deliver personalized experiences that provide confidence and peace of mind, mixed with a special touch of magic. As we build a team focused on this Blueprint, we need talent who can make the Customer's dream their own … that's where you come in.
- Continually updates Sub Servicing testing procedures with most current Agency, State and Federal requirements including compliance testing mythologies ensuring Operations continually improves and proves compliance scores
- Routinely samples critical default management controls and publishes finding to senior leadership as QA finding
- Maintains, manages and owns all aspects of Client, Investor, Customer issues through resolution for default related items
- Understand business objectives; providing strategic support, industry best practice and innovative solutions to ensure Clients, Investors and Customers are served quickly and accurately
- Manage deliverables on Compliance and internal business projects providing timely and accurate updates as required to stakeholders including Clients
- Required to document any Compliance, Legal or Client requirements for servicing defaulted loans through Contract reviews
- Primary contact for Legal, Compliance and Account Executives inquires
- Maintains work in footprints to ensure timely follow up and trending of issues
- Travel as required to support Clients and Businesses may be required
- Required to organize all meetings, meeting follow ups internally and externally
- Required to document any Compliance, Legal or Client requirements for servicing defaulted loans
- Researches, resolves, and reports Client, Compliance, Legal issues ensures timely responses
- Ensures daily updates provided to Client, Compliance, Legal through final problem resolution or completion of client deliverable
- Provides data and reports issue resolutions as required
- Interacts and communicates with Client, Compliance and Legal and external resources to ensure concerns, inquiries, and issues are addresses timely and appropriately- BOTH
- Ensure identified process failures have documented controls to prevent repeat occurrences
- Facilitates or participates in Default meetings with Compliance, Legal, Clients and Investors
- Makes recommendations to change process, procedures and management controls based on results of problem research and the final solution to client raised issues and concerns
- Utilizes all resources internally and externally (agency guides, HUD, etc.) to keep abreast with industry news and changes affecting Client
- Maintains thorough knowledge of, and follows all, Investor, Government, Client and COHL policies, procedures, and requirements for assigned duties
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the BKFS-MSP workstations to assist with general inquires
- Identifies opportunities to increase revenue and reduce expenses and or risk
- Able to react to change proactively and to manage/handle other essential tasks as assigned
Who will love this job:
- You're someone who always does the right thing – even if no one is watching.
- You like making things easier for customers and coworkers. If there's a roadblock, you want to smooth it away.
- You are energized by interacting with and helping people. You know that everyone has trouble sometimes, and seek to empower and educate our customers.
- You love reading and learning about new ways of doing things. There's always a better way.
- You're a positive person and know how to look on the bright side.
- You bring solutions to the table not just problems. (But you aren't afraid to point out where we're going wrong).
- You assume positive intent when working with others. You know relationships need to be based on trust and respect.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 3 years Servicing Oversight or at least 3 years of Subservicing experience with concentration in Default Servicing or Client oversight
- At least 1 year of experience in the Mortgage agency and insurer industry
- At least 1 year experience with Implementation or at least 1 year experience with Project Management
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint
- At least 1 year of management experience or at least 1 year of executive leadership experience
- At least 1 year of contract review experience
- At least 1 year of accounting reconciliation
- Proficient in understanding of latest technology
- Excellent verbal and written (grammatical) communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills and decision making abilities
- Ability to multitask, take initiative and effectively manage multiple priorities; strong attention to detail
- Ability to facilitate creative solutions
- Ability to represent the company in a positive, confident and professional manner
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top