Head of Client Development, Commercial Card
Locations: TX - Plano, United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Head of Client Development, Commercial Card
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. Do you believe in helping others achieve incredible goals and become better versions of themselves? In Capital One's Commercial Card group, you will find a leadership culture that rewards such a spirit. We believe in unlocking the power of people and equipping you to do great things! We are looking for like-minded people who can share our passion for success.
Commercial Card is one of the fastest growing new businesses at Capital One. We are positioned to win in the marketplace by leveraging Capital One's massive technology scale and commercial banking heritage to offer innovative new products in an industry ripe for disruption.
The Commercial Card Sales & Client Development organization is the revenue engine for this exciting and rapidly growing business. We've hired more than 180 associates since our launch in 2016, and expect to grow to over 300 by 2019. Our team is nationally distributed and comprised of unmatched leaders and sales professionals who share a passion for people and customers.
As the Head of Client Development, you will be instrumental to the growth and future of the Commercial Card business.
Acting as the leader in this space you will be creating innovative strategies to grow revenue through management and expansion of existing client relationships. You will guide our national Client Managers and Client Specialists and work closely with Sales leadership and internal partners to deliver a seamless and optimal experience for a diverse set of clients.
You will lead by example and foster a team culture that embraces Capital One values. You will grow and develop talent and establish high standards for performance while being an inclusive and inspiring leader.
- Develop and implement a strategy in partnership with Sales to transition tenured client accounts
- Initially lead a team of 13-15 associates; expand leadership to a larger group of associates over time
- Test new concepts and influence build out of the Client Development team function
- Participate in both strategic and tactical planning processes with leadership to manage risk as well as drive growth and retention goals
- Coach and develop associates, providing direction for the team and managing overall performance
- Oversee comprehensive portfolio metrics to identify opportunities and trends that inform decision making
- Lead the team to deliver superior results while providing an outstanding customer experience
- Build and maintain relationships with various partner teams within Capital One to create strong partnerships with key focus on risk management and the overall client experience
- Proactively prepare and deliver team updates to leadership
- Ensure that all customer and prospect interactions are conducted in accordance with Capital One legal and compliance and regulatory guidelines
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, serve as an advocate for our clients and love to lead teams. They will be innovative, highly organized, and have a measurable, demonstrated ability to exceed expectations. Results-driven and goal-oriented team players will thrive within our organization.
- Champions client relationships and has a proven track record of nurturing and growing accounts
- Exceptional people management skills with a focus on coaching and development
- Hands on experience in sales and/or client management and the ability to deliver a superior client experience
- Demonstrated abilities to build relationships and influence across a wide range of levels both internally and with clients
- Executive-level communication skills - over the phone, in writing and in person
- Creative thinker willing to go outside of their lane
- Incredibly organized and process-oriented with strong attention to detail
- Understanding of financial and sales performance metrics; strong business acumen
- Makes sound independent decisions, and demonstrates the judgment to seek senior support or expertise when appropriate
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in client or customer facing role
- At least 5 years of people manager experience
- 5+ years of experience supporting commercial or small business credit card products
- 5+ years of experience overseeing and growing a large book of clients
- 5+ years of experience leading a team and managing a P&L
- Proficiency using Salesforce.com and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top