Global Security Operations Center Supervisor
West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Global Security Operations Center Supervisor
Summary: The Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) manager is an experienced professional who has expertise in managing people, process and technology in the control room environment, including: shift-based team leadership, strategic program oversight, effective communication (writing, speaking and presenting) and policy and procedure development, as well as technical and project management. Specific functional areas of responsibility and proficiency include: security alarm monitoring principles, dispatching and coordinating allocation of resources, stakeholder (customers and operational partners) involvement, data-driven (metrics) reporting, team and task-specific performance assessment, travel safety and security and critical incident response management. The Operations Manager is responsible for driving process implementation and refinement, short and long-term project management, cross-team (control room and field-services) collaboration, maintenance of internal and external stakeholder relationships, build relationships and seek new partners across the enterprise and directly supervises a team of Supervisors on assigned shift.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in managing complex people, process and technical projects able to assess all situations and keen skills resolving challenges.
- Able to assess challenges, identify root causes, address opportunities and keen skills for resolving for all situations. Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to drive process improvement.
- Be an excellent communicator, whether writing, speaking or presenting.
- Have demonstrated expertise in developing, implementing and managing control center programs.
- Have experience gathering and analyzing data to create useful metrics that support positive change.
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively change and conflict. Be adept at managing crises; provide front-line leadership in coordinating responses to a myriad crisis situations.
- Can lead a cross-functional team.
- Be a dependable team player with strong business acuity, enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Possess an impeccable work ethic and a high degree of integrity. Possess general knowledge and understanding of State and Federal Employment laws. Extensive experience using Lenel Enterprise OnGuard
- Ensures alarm permit and registration invoices are current
- Provides necessary training regarding the proper operations of all working components of the central station
- Hires, trains, and motivates the Security Systems staff and schedules training sessions to ensure all specialists are cross-trained on all aspects central station operations
- Maintains the Capital One alarm monitoring system database
- Helps to develops and implement enterprise standards and procedures governing Global Security Operation Center
- Update and maintain alarm monitoring database and UL required documents
- Perform other duties as required such as listed in skills and abilities.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to develop, implement and oversee the installation, operations, monitoring and repair of all security systems and devices
- Ability to ensure that the central station is sufficiently staffed and Security System Specialists are trained and equipped to properly utilize all systems.
- Have extensive experience and knowledge of various access control platforms, video management systems and incident management applications/software
- Ability to develop a good working relationship with all levels of management.
- Knowledge of computers and software programs, specifically, MAStermind, Lenel OnGuard, DMP, BOSCH and Microsoft office suite
- Ability to make decisions, while under stress, that provides for the safety and security of the Capital One associates, visitors and assets.
At Least 2 years direct supervisory experience in centralized security console operations.
At least 2 years leading and managing all aspects of a corporate control center
Bachelor Degree in Security Management
5+ years of experience in Corporate Security or a similar role
Knowledge of and ability to utilize computer office products, word processing, spread sheets, electronic mail, internet and databases
Knowledge of or experience with emergency communication operations.
Knowledge of United Laboratories central station certification standards and requirements
4+years leading and managing all aspects of a corporate control center
Certified Protection Professional or Certified Physical Security Professional or the ability to complete such certification within 18 months of hire
Formal training in the planning, implementation, maintenance, and management of central alarm, access control, and closed circuit television systems.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top