GIS Software Engineer, Full Stack
1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
GIS Software Engineer, Full Stack
As Capital One becomes the leader in the financial technology space, we are seeking passionate GIS Software Engineers, with an emphasis on passionate, to take the company's enterprise GIS platform to the next level and beyond. This opportunity is for Full Stack GIS Developers who are interested in working with new and emerging GIS technologies in a collaborative environment to build amazing capabilities with a spatial twist. Expertise in detailed technical design and development of GIS applications and solutions using the Esri technology stack as well as open source GIS platforms. Team members will be able to participate in the technical design, development and implementation of web, desktop and mobile GIS applications and solutions.
- Full Stack Engineer capable of designing solutions, writing code, testing code, automating test and deployment
- Overall delivery of software components working in collaboration with product and design teams
- Collaborating with other technology teams to ensure integrated end-to-end design and integration.
- Enforcing existing process guidelines; drives new processes, guidelines, team rules, and best practices.
- Mentor and raise the game or teammates in all areas
- Full participation in the Agile Scrum process including speaking up and giving your opinion!
- Ready, willing, and able to pick up new technologies and pitch in on story tasks (design, code, test, CI/CD, deploy, etc)
- Able to research and learn new methodologies and technologies and bring knowledge to the team
- You're a tinkerer and love technology - Myo, Amazon Echo, Arduino and IoT, AR/VR, Creative Coding; you like hackathons and innovation sprints!
Position Provides Technical Exposure To:
- Front End Skills: Java Script (jQuery, dojo)/CSS/HTML, Bootstrap, Single Page Applications (AngularJS, React), Responsive Design
- Back End Skills: Microservices, JVM (Java - Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, etc; Clojure), NodeJS, Database (Postrgres, MySQL, etc)
- Desktop Skills: Python, .NET, C#, C++, Java, Objective-C, Esri Runtime SDKs (Java, OSX, Qt, .NET), Electron/Atom
- Mobile Skills: Java, C++, C#, Objective-C, Swift, Esri Runtime SDKs (Android, iOS, Xamarin, Qt)
- DevOps/Platforms: Amazon Web Service (S3, RDS, EC2, Lambda, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, etc), Chef, Docker, Ansible
- Automation Testing: Selenium, Cucumber, ATDD, Protractor, Karma, Automated Performance and Regression/Functional Testing
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory
- Build/SCM Tools: Maven, Gradle, Grunt, Gulp, Git, NPM
- DB/Data Platforms: Kafka, PostgreSQL, Storm, MongoDB, Hadoop, Spring XD/Spring Batch, Enterprise Geodatabases, Datastore for ArcGIS, Spatiotemporal Datastore for ArcGIS
- At least 2 years of Software Development experience
- 2 years of experience with Amazon Web Services.
- 2 years of experience with No SQL database OR 2 years of experience with MongoDB.
- 1 year of experience with Spring Integration/Spring Batch OR 1 year of experience with Big Data tools.
-Esri Certified ArcGIS Desktop, Web Application or Enterprise Developer (Associate or Professional)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top